Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

A little help with Tuner Cat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 01:28 PM

A little help with Tuner Cat?

I just got my tuner programe and def file. I have a few questions. My PCM was modified by Ion @ Madz28.com (he did a great job by the way, I just want to learn this for myself now).

1) in my ECM constants my injector flow rate shows 2369.76 lbs/hr. What is going on? That can't be right can it?

2) in "individual cylinder fuel trim (off idle)" The multiplier for cylinder 1 is "0.00" and cyl 8 is "0.47". The other cylinder have more believable values ranging from .97 - 1.03. Why would there be a "0" multiplier? I don't think people usually mess with these numbers but this seems like it could be a problem.

In the e-mail TC sent me, they mentioned that they sent me two $EE files (pcm_EE and pcm_EEB). The only one I actually got is pcm_EEB. Should I be using pcm_EE or pcm_EEB? I sent an e-mail to tuner cat about this already.

Also, could someone show me where I could get a stock '95 file so I could compare it to this so I can tell what has been changed?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dustin
Old 11-16-2004, 01:33 PM

Re: A little help with Tuner Cat?

You need the EE definition. EEB will not work correctly with the newest calibrations. (which I use)
I will send you a stock file when I get home.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:47 PM

Thanks. That would be great if I could get a stock file. Is the pcm_eeb file that I'm trying to use the reason that some of the values are way off? Hopefully they will be sending me the $EE def file soon.

Thanks again
Dustin
Old 11-16-2004, 02:37 PM

Yes there are two calibration files for our cars for tuner cat. $EE and $EEb. If you open a bin file made with $EE in your tuner cat with the $EEb set, itll show screwed up numbers. The goes with viewing a bin file made with $EEb while in $EE mode.
When you purchased The $EE definition files it should have contained both $EE and $EEb
Old 11-16-2004, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by toby360
Yes there are two calibration files for our cars for tuner cat. $EE and $EEb. If you open a bin file made with $EE in your tuner cat with the $EEb set, itll show screwed up numbers. The goes with viewing a bin file made with $EEb while in $EE mode.
When you purchased The $EE definition files it should have contained both $EE and $EEb
I e-mailed Tunercat about this earlier. They responded almost immediately and apologized for forgetting to send the $EE def file. They were quick to send me a copy. The numbers make a lot more sense using the $EE file. Thanks for the help.