Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Subthump Millhouse or Rear Well Enclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 01:26 AM

Question Subthump Millhouse or Rear Well Enclosure?

Hey... First time post so here goes...

I currently have a q-logic custom box and I'm not too happy with it, I’m thinking of getting one of subthumps boxes but am in the indecisive mode...

I want to go big, thinking of dual S12L7. I'd be happy with dual S10L7 if they can hit hard.
So here's a list of questions...

1. Will the millhouse or the rear well enclosure give me the most thump?

2. Will the millhouse and/or the rear well enclosure be able to fit the dual S12L7s? I'm pretty sure the millhouse won't but the rear well might. How about dual S10L7s?

3. I have t-tops, the millhouse looks appealing but my question would be... what are the pros and cons between each of these enclosures? Other then the obvious. I mean, I might not mind having to leave a rear well enclosure in my garage if I want to drive with the tops off (if possible), then again I might actually want some bass when I do have them off though.

megabass? I could have emailed you but I'm guessing some people on the board might also be interested in the answers.

BTW: megabass isn't the only person I need to hear from, experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:30 AM

I have dual 12" eclipses in the megas rear well...it hits deep and it hits hard couldnt be happier....im pretty sure the 2 12" solos would fit in the rear well im pretty sure they wouldnt fit in the milhouse but steve could prolly weasel something....ive never heard anything in a milhouse but i like putting my amps where the milhouse gos so they can stay cool so i personally wouldnt want a milhouse i dont mind seatbelting my tops in the back seat. id go with the rear well i think it looks cleaner then the milhouse and it would prolly hit harder

------------------
CrAkD

Front: alpine type S 6.5
Rear: MB Quart 6.5"
subs: 2 eclipse 12" alum dvc
amps kenwood 500 4 ch kenwood 2ch 600
Old 07-18-2002, 12:30 PM

Hope you don't mind hearing from me, but the biggest question is: Drum-roll please...

How important is it for you to store your t-tops in the factory well location. You've stated that you have the Q box and I know it fits in the well so you've already adapted somewhat. Now if you want your t-top space back, then I'd say milhouse all the way. I can't get two 12s in the milhouse, but I've done dual S10L7s a lot. But for maximum slam you can't beat the well box I make. Put a couple S12L7s in there and it will blow your mind. I know, it's a toss-up. Maybe more of my guys will chime in like CrakD.

------------------
Steve
4th Gen F-Bod sub boxes
www.subthump.com
Old 07-18-2002, 05:13 PM

awe, you guys know I can't hear mention of the Milhouse with out stopping in.

The t-top storage thing is the biggest benefit of the Milhouse, but that certainly is a huge convenience. You mentioned "just leaving the box in the garage" for those times when you want to be with the tops off, personally, though I can see that you could do that and it wouldn't be that difficult, but it might be a bit heavy to take the well box out and it might cause some un needed wear and tear on the box. If you rip the vinyl you're going to be upset with yourself. I've only personally heard the Milhouse box and that was the first one. The Milhouse box was actually as loud with one single 12 as my current dual 12 and dual 8 system is.

HTH

------------------
99 Z28 LS1 (broken with 383 replacement in the works) M6

stereo pics FOR SALE!!!

Moderator at CamaroVsMustang.com

Send while you can!
Old 07-20-2002, 10:57 PM

Besides the space constraints with the Q-Logic box, what else don't you like about it? I was considering one cause I can get them for about $147 for the dual-12" box...