Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

havign a few problems with my install

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:54 PM

havign a few problems with my install

ok i am installing a complete system into ym 1994 trans am, but i have run into a few snags. this system came right out of my 1994 camaro so i figured i mount it and install it the same way, not so!

1. where is the best place to mount the crossovers for the front components that isn't visible once the plastic is put back on? i tried the kick panels and the drivers side has plenty of room but there is another thing behind the passenger side one with a bunch of wires going to it, so there is no room on that side.

2. i am running CDT cl61 components up front and am using the stock mount points. i used the stock plastic thing for the midbass driver but had to cut up the back to get the magnetic to fit, but i cant get the door panel on now the speaker is sticking out to far, what are my options?

3. last but not least the head unit i am using the flush mount kit for firebirds. but i cant get it to go into the dash all the way. its not the heater duct but it looks like the thing that the stokc head unit mounts into in the back. what are my options for overcoming this? it looks like just platic but there is also what looks like a metal bar attached.

sorry this is so long but i am coming to the end hopefully just putting everything back together and am having a hard time with these few things.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 AM

Re: havign a few problems with my install

I mounter the crossover on the inside of the door panels. There is an indention on the inside and the screws do not go all the way through if you get just the right size. I don't remember what size I used, sorry.

On the head unit, just cut the piece off or break it off. It is just a piece of plastic and will come off easily.

As for question #2, I don't know. I made custom pods for the tweeters and mounted the woofers in the stock location.

Hope this helps