Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Bass won't adjust, stuck at full.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 10:50 PM

Question Bass won't adjust, stuck at full.

Hello,
I have the stock Bose system. It used to sound great, but now there's a problem:

The Bass is WAY too loud, it drowns out everything else. I mean LOUD, the whole car is shaking when it's all the way down. At first I thought it was the burned CD's I had, but today I tested it with original CD's and the radio stations, and the Bass does not adjust correctly. If it's all the way down, it's still like I have it at full. When I move it up, the bass gets even louder.

It starts at full bass, and when I ajust it to indicated full, it's fullx2. I hope that makes sense.

Now that I think about it, I remember a few times I would turn on the CD player and the bass would be blarring, and I would turn it off and on and it would get back to normal. It's like the controls are out of sync with the actual bass level.

What can I do? Is there a memory that saves settings that I can clear? I've had the battery disconnected and I've pulled the fuses but it does not change.

This is aggravating me. I'm gonna go def from hearing the radio at minimum volume.

Thanks.

------------------
'95 Z28 M6 Red/Black
Hooker Longtubes, SLP 2OTL, Mufflex 3" Ypipe, K&N CAI, LT4 KM, Descreened MAF, !CAGS, TB-Bypass
Old 09-12-2002, 11:55 PM

I just had the same problem except my bass and trebel both were adjusted down. This happened about 3wks ago and I just installed a new pioneer 8400 HU that kicks the Bose HUs azz.

------------------
~Rich
95 Arctic White Z~28
Borla, Quictime Electric Cutout, MAC Headers/Y-Pipe/Off Road Pipe, Granatelli MAF Sensor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Air Foil, K&N, Trans Go Shift Kit, Digital FP Gauge, Autometer Trans Temp & AF Ratio Gauges, LT1 Scanmaster, SLP Fan Switch, 160 stat, Chrome ZR1 Rims, Nitto 450s, Z~Roc Hood.
Next: Heads, Cam, Intake and Throttle Body!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:35 AM

Smile

Denton....Denton....where is Denton? I live in Temple and I know of a shop who can probably fix it. They work on factory units (Installing RCA cords and stuff) I could ask for you if they know the problem and would be able to fix it. If not, I'm sure they'll know of a shop (Maybe one in your area) that could do it.

------------------
- Matt

Red 1993 Camaro Z28 M6
**Only has 45K Miles on the odom!**

"The only way to increase a mustang's value is to fill it with gas."
Old 09-13-2002, 10:49 AM

Matt, Denton is a north suburb of the DFW area.

Yes, ask them if they know what the problem could be.

Thanks!

-Richard