CamaroZ28.Com Podcast Talk about the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast, our weekly online radio show.

Podcast #284 - Interview with the Fbodfather about the Camaro ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Re: Podcast #284 - Interview with the Fbodfather about the Camaro ZL1

Originally Posted by mudbone
That is exactly what I meant. I don't really see that sentiment here on CZ28 and it is definitely not prevalent in the Virginia Camaro Club (where heritage is celebrated).
Totally agree. I frequent ThirdGen.org a lot as well, mainly for hard to find parts or cheap parts but there's also A LOT of good info on there for my car. But the people on that site are real disrespectful and belittling as well.

camaroz28.com is where it's at!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 25th92rs
Camaroz28.com is where it's at!
Amen to that!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM

There is A LOT of speculation on pricing, and one of the points always brought up is how much selecting options will increase your price from the base MRSP.

I find it very interesting that Scott mentioned no real options on this car, other than suede interior and exterior color. I think that is fantastic! And could be a very big plus in the pricing department.

Thanks for another good podcast Jason and Chris!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by mudbone
There seems to be a different attitude regarding Camaro5 (and Camaro5 folks). LuvSSn and I noticed it at Carlisle, last year. Even if (when) I can swing a 5th-gen, I'll never loose my CZ28 soul.
With all due respect, there are still some good people over at Camaro5. And some of those good people post on both Camaro5 AND CamaroZ28...

I will agree there is MUCH more speculation on Camaro5.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM

I am a member on about 15 forums. I hardly ever post on them. I do go on must of them everyday. This site by far is the best! Thanks Guys!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by lyndalu92
I am a member on about 15 forums. I hardly ever post on them. I do go on must of them everyday. This site by far is the best! Thanks Guys!
I agree.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28
In regards to the comment "I haven't heard any Camaro owner say that they don't like the car." This can be seen as an enthusiast exposure bias. You guys are surrounded by enthusiasts, so who ever you ask will always produce the resounding "WE LOVE IT!" response.
Thanks for bringing this up.

You make a good point, but to clarify...have you ever asked someone about a car they owned and they say "That car was was the biggest POS I ever owned"? Or something like..."It was constantly in the shop, build quality was terrible, stuff was breaking all the time, it was totally unreliable, it couldn't get out of its own way, (or just insert "bad car story" here)"? That is what I was referring to. I have heard people say the car wasn't good for their wants or needs...that happens...but I myself have never "the car just plain sucks ***" with any actual proof other than personal opinion to back it up.

That's what I tried to convey.

Thanks for letting me clear that up, I simply mispoke. Sorry for the delay, I had to leave town on emergency for a week, just getting caught up.

To everyone else, thanks for the nice words. Chris and I are always 100% transparent about who we are, what our values lie for the Camaro community and what our intentions are. You all help keep it going!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Thanks for bringing this up.

You make a good point, but to clarify...have you ever asked someone about a car they owned and they say "That car was was the biggest POS I ever owned"? Or something like..."It was constantly in the shop, build quality was terrible, stuff was breaking all the time, it was totally unreliable, it couldn't get out of its own way, (or just insert "bad car story" here)"? That is what I was referring to. I have heard people say the car wasn't good for their wants or needs...that happens...but I myself have never "the car just plain sucks ***" with any actual proof other than personal opinion to back it up.

That's what I tried to convey.

:
That's understandable then. There are a couple people that have said "it doesn't fit my needs." or whatever but I agree that I haven't heard ANY owner say that it's a POS. I wouldn't even say that. I would really like to have one, don't get me wrong. I'm still Pro-Gm as far as the powertrain. And I've even had to correct a couple Ford guys who say they've had some (97-99) GM trucks and "they leaked like crazy, the plug wires and plugs were really sensitive and it had no *****." I then proceed to correct them in saying that the latemodel GM engines really shouldn't leak. If there's a leak, there's a problem. "I have NEVER heard of most of these problems." I've had my 2000 since 2003, and (knock on wood) I haven't really had any problems with it. -Other than the transmission which was a bulletproof rebuild. And I told him that the 98's were kind of that "bastard years" and were still an early design.

I don't see the 4.6L 2v from their side being any better than a 1995 model year Vortech 4.3L. But at least the 4.3 would move when you punched it. The 95 and 96's were some of the WORST and he brought that up too... I saw $300 coolant flushes come through the dealership I worked at and not to mention the 1995's with the spider injector problems which lead to a blown engine. THAT was just a bad design! Thank god they revamped that one.

But I digress... I LOVE GM powertrain, and I would love to own some new tech some day.

Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 03-05-2011 at 08:18 AM.