CamaroZ28.Com Podcast Talk about the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast, our weekly online radio show.

Podcast #286 - Interview with Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitzpatrick.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Cool Podcast #286 - Interview with Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitzpatrick.

Podcast #286

RSS Feed

ITunes Music Store Link

Interview with John Fitzpatrick, Marketing Manager for Chevrolet Performance Cars.

We spend the majority of this episode talking to John Fitzpatrick, Marketing Manager for the Camaro.

Catching up with all of our messages that come in through our Podcast App. Keep them coming.

You can know hear our show on Stitcher Radio. Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry and Pre.
On-demand and on the go! Don’t have Stitcher? Download it for free today at Stitcher.com.

You can now access our Message board through the Tapatalk app for the iPhone, and Android powered devices. http://bit.ly/dbipkw

Become a Facebook Fan of ours - http://bit.ly/9QMC3g.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter. Check us out at http://www.twitter.com/camaroz28com.

You can now listen to this podcast right from your cell phone at anytime. Just dial 650-644-1939 and our newest episode of our Podcast will be available for you to listen.

If you'd like to be in our Podcast by asking a question, or just making a comment, we have a phone number you can call now. It is (586)486-3182 or you can e-mail a question to both of us at webmasters@camaroz28.com. Also, if you enjoy the Podcast please fill out our survey at http://bit.ly/d3faWX
Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Re: Podcast #286 - Interview with Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitzpatrick.

for the record.... I always liked Fitzchallenger....

Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

wheel weights.....

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=250944
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM

I disagree with John....

The Superbowl was never in doubt at the two minute warning.... :-)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by ChrisL

Thanks for finding that!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Ok, now I'll be blunt.... If they didn't have to pay a UNION to assemble the car, they could afford to buy better materials and still have a competitive price. THAT's my problem. My taxes are now paying their salary. Get the union out of this company and they can afford a lot more. But the conflicting part is that they'd have to pay a "prevailing wage" anyway even if they don't hire a union.

But anyway.. How much am I willing to pay to get the interior I want? $29,000. And I'll go right over to VW to get it BRAND NEW.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28
Ok, now I'll be blunt.... If they didn't have to pay a UNION to assemble the car, they could afford to buy better materials and still have a competitive price. THAT's my problem. My taxes are now paying their salary. Get the union out of this company and they can afford a lot more. But the conflicting part is that they'd have to pay a "prevailing wage" anyway even if they don't hire a union.

But anyway.. How much am I willing to pay to get the interior I want? $29,000. And I'll go right over to VW to get it BRAND NEW.
I think we should mention this in our show next week. I have some thoughts.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM

least fun recent podcast ... you guys handed him a bunch of apples to answer.

at least the "old emails" or whatever those were, was fun.

wondering if i am going insane or if you guys really are doing a contest for best sounding car on startup.. and how can i enter if i am an enviromentally friendly person and dont own a vehicle.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
least fun recent podcast ... you guys handed him a bunch of apples to answer.
We asked what we knew we could ask without getting the standard "We at Chevrolet do not discuss future vehicles at this time..." line.

So aside from questions that invoke that answer, what should we ask next time?

wondering if i am going insane or if you guys really are doing a contest for best sounding car on startup..
Yup, we are when people start pulling their cars out of storage. People on the west coast will just have to wait.

and how can i enter if i am an enviromentally friendly person and dont own a vehicle.
You can always call in and do a verbal representation or even sound effects...but it won't quality, tree hugger.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I think we should mention this in our show next week. I have some thoughts.
I know it's not the same car,and not even in the same CLASS but I would really like to just have a civil debate about this with you guys. I have a strong political side that I can't get into on here because of restrictions.

Basically what I was saying is; don't tell me I have to pay out the nose to get a nice interior when it is being done elsewhere for less. I understand that there ARE items in this car that are not cheap. Like you said "would $55k be a good value?" Yes. For a ZL1. It's a limited edition car, and I do see how the corvettes get their price, but the interior is suffering on both. I love the layout of the C6, The 5th Gen is not bad. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much, but when you push a button and the attached panel moves, or when you close a window and something creaks, THAT is a quality issue, IMO. My truck does this, it's a 2004 Colorado Z71 with a putrid interior. The main radio/HVAC bezel is barely held on there and will completely come off if you gently pull on it. THAT is not quality. If you can figure out how to take it apart or when it looks like it's falling off or not adequately mounted. Now, the 5th gen isn't THAT bad, but I did see a couple small areas I wasn't impressed with.

I'm not about people losing their jobs, but I DO have a gripe with the PRICE of employing and paying a union and how that effects the overall cost of a vehicle. I'm not saying that people are not doing their jobs, and I'm not saying cut people benefits. If other companies can offer better quality at a lower cost to the consumer, there must be something else that the company is spending money on that they shouldn't be. What? I don't know. I'm not an executive or a CFO.

I am really not looking to open a can of worms here, and I think that's where this is going.

Sorry, but I was driving newer VW's this past summer and that really soured me to GM. Was driving a 2006 GTi with a 2.0T with a full leather interior and it was just as quiet at 80 on the HW as it was sitting in the DW idling. Go drive one for a couple days routinely and you will see what I mean. If anything, go take a loaded 2009 GTi for a test drive with the DSG transmission (3 mode automatic.) THAT car is amazing for the price!! And don't quote the inflated sticker price, please. I almost wish we could meet up, park both a 5th Gen and a 2010 GTi side by side so I can point this stuff out to you, explain my reasoning and see/hear your reactions. I don't dislike the Camaro, but I dispute the claim that it (RS or SS) can't have a nice interior without it having a hefty price tag.

Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 03-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
I disagree with John....

The Superbowl was never in doubt at the two minute warning.... :-)

really?
Attached Thumbnails Podcast #286 - Interview with Camaro Marketing Manager, John Fitzpatrick.-fbodfatherescalades.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:02 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28

Wow =

I don't even know where to start with this.

With all due respect - your first statement "....if they didn't have to pay a Union to assemble the car......"

That reminds me of one of many sayings my Grandfather Henry had - one in particular: "..........and the Dog would have caught the Rabbit if he hadn't stopped to water the tree........."

Do I have some issues with unions? Yes.

But consider this: The employee at Lordstown (or Oshawa) takes the money we pay him or her - and spends it on a vacation - takes someone out to dinner - buys stuff in the local hardware store or drug store........and that money is in circulation.......

What IS true: The playing field is not level - and it will not be until other countries (and the companies from those countries) agree to take down their barriers ........
Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Wow =

I don't even know where to start with this.

With all due respect - your first statement "....if they didn't have to pay a Union to assemble the car......"

That reminds me of one of many sayings my Grandfather Henry had - one in particular: "..........and the Dog would have caught the Rabbit if he hadn't stopped to water the tree........."

Do I have some issues with unions? Yes.
With all due respect as well.
You lost me there, but we may agree that a union is a rather expensive way to achieve a goal. Yes? I understand if you are striving for quality, and most people DO take great pride in their work, but you can't blame the worker if they have little effect on the "CFO's" decision making. -Not sure what section handles finances in a union, so I'll use the CFO acronym. The core and initial foundation of forming a labor union is to protect the worker, and I really think that things have just grown too big, become too powerful and are almost becoming antiquated.

But consider this: The employee at Lordstown (or Oshawa) takes the money we pay him or her - and spends it on a vacation - takes someone out to dinner - buys stuff in the local hardware store or drug store........and that money is in circulation.......
This is a key/prime component of capitalism. People are earning their money and spending it. I do not have an issue with that. But my main argument will also pertain to fund/monetary allocation within the union. Massive bonuses, hefty pension funds.. etc etc. If they can scale back in that aspect then their services would cost less and even possibly attract more customers. (Just thinking out loud now.. so to speak.. )

What IS true: The playing field is not level - and it will not be until other countries (and the companies from those countries) agree to take down their barriers ........
I do agree that there are some products that will be more expensive to purchase due to what is going on right now. (if I read this correctly)

From what I gather listening to the podcast and what Jason has covered, you guys know that there are some issues with the interior and that "you are not satisfied." I wasn't, nor am I, a Euro leg-humper. I just have a wide eye and a wide appreciation for more than one vehicle. I was bred on GM/Chevrolet, but in the past couple of years and through a couple different vehicles, I've just become a little more critical about the interiors. My current pickup truck is starting to irritate my back, but that may be from the rough suspension and short wheel base. But it's stock..... But regarding the 5th gen Camaro, I'm just going to see what you have in store for future years. You say you're not satisfied and I am trusting that.

Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 03-09-2011 at 10:38 PM.