Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: Will you buy a new 2005 Mustang?
Yes
49.33%
No Way
29.33%
Maybe if I like how it drives
21.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Whom here would consider a new 2005 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:59 PM

Whom here would consider a new 2005 Mustang?

I really liked the 2005 Mustang quite a bit in person when I saw it at the Chicago show. There were always huge crowds around it too, and I never heard a single negative comment from anyone.

I have decided to order one when possible from a Ford dealer that can trust that I have bought from before.

I dont know if you guys know this but they are not going to make the Mustang at Dearborn, but instead on a new assembly line they intend to build in Flat Rock. Production will be limited there to around 100K a year initially, and max out at 140K, so I predict demand will outstrip supply big time. Get you orders in early, and sign a price contract with the dealer before you order it.

I know Centric has said he has a deposit down, anyone else here?
Old 02-21-2003, 11:11 PM

For me, I would consider a GT if
a) in 2005 still no word on a new Camaro
b) GT is 300HP or more, I'd love it to have the new 3v 5.4L
c) priced about the same as now
Old 02-21-2003, 11:11 PM

It's on top of my wish list. However, i'll probably end up waiting till the 2006 year model to order one. That'll coincide with my graduation.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:59 PM

I voted yes. I'd rather have a camaro or a trans am, but if they do not exist, the next car down the list for me is mustang.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:15 AM

I went to the auto show again tonight. The star of the show was by far, the silver Mustang GT coupe concept. The crowd around it was never less than 5 or 6 deep. There were probably more people around the Mustang at any one time than the ENTIRE Chevy display. The poor GTO never had more than 5 or 6 people looking at it....and that's including my cousin, myself and one of my boys.

The more I look at the Mustang's taut, muscular lines, the more I like it. And really, the whole crowd was pretty blown away by it.

I really want a new Camaro however. But if it turns into a let down for me, the Mustang seems so enticing.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:41 AM

Re: Whom here would consider a new 2005 Mustang?

Originally posted by Reno Leigh
Production will be limited there to around 100K a year initially, and max out at 140K,
BTW Reno, the announcer at the show said that they were gearing up to build as many as 20k per month.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:13 AM

All the excitement around this car makes me wonder if GM even notices, or cares...I mean, how excited would WE be if there was a 5th gen concept out there. For the last 3 years, for me personally, some of the fun of owning an F bod has been taken away just by knowing there was no future for it!

To be a Ford fan right now...must be a great thing.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by Jason E
All the excitement around this car makes me wonder if GM even notices, or cares...
You can bet that GM is aware of the excitement that this car is generating.

My concern is, will they're response be adequate.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:26 AM

Considering how Chevy has been lately by keeping everything underwraps and giving no real sign of any hope for the future I would definately buy a 05 coupe mustang. I have heard it and I love the overall look. It would have to have over 350hp for me to even really consider buying it. I have a 01 vette and I am bored with it and I am anxiously awaiting to see what the C6 looks like and how it performs. I am sick of seeing new badges and a different paint scheme coming out for the vettes anniversary and upcoming z-15 and z-16 commerative edition vettes. I want a horsepower upgrade and not tacky badges and paint. If the C6 fails to provide any excitement I will just spend a few more on my 69 and make it my ultimate toy. I still love driving it more than any car I have ever been in. Thank God for the 1st generations.
Chevy really needs to get on the ball. The GTO sucks and looks like a bigger grand prix. Who in the hell wants to drive a family looking car for performance. Screw that I want something that looks good and performs. The SSR concept is a joke. Its an overweight, low horsepower, over-priced tank that will soon implode and backfire in Chevy's face. I have been such a heavy supporter for Chevy for all my life and I will not keep waiting and waiting for something good to come along. If they fail I will just keep my old-school cars and mod them and make them the best I can. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.

Cory
Old 02-22-2003, 01:52 AM

I think we all know where I (and Darth Xed lol) stand on this issue.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:48 AM

Don't forget me....................
Old 02-22-2003, 08:01 AM

How did I know that YES would be the highest picked?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by guess who
How did I know that YES would be the highest picked?
Why................did you post multiple times?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:17 AM

I'll buy one in a split second. I don't think anyones going to be dissapointed by this car (except possibly those who can't stand the fact that it looks like a Mustang).

I've all but lost my patience w/ GM. They discontinue camaro - one of the best known nameplates in the world - at the protest of thousands of fans, and then don't even have the guts to tell them these simple words "Its not coming back, its dead" or "It will be back in __ years". At best, we get a few insiders who pop in every month and say "keep the faith" and then fade into the darkness. Wow. GM sure has a way of making its biggest fans feel wanted.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by Chuck!
I think we all know where I (and Darth Xed lol) stand on this issue.

Quick Reply: Whom here would consider a new 2005 Mustang?