Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

toyota to run in nascar.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 01:30 PM

Toyota to make a pushrod engine? This may be very interesting... and hilarious...

If they can prove they can do that, they'll be have a much better case in taking over the SUV/Truck market here...
Old 02-03-2003, 07:05 PM

Why does everyone seem to think that Toyota is incapable of building a quality pushrod V8? Thats just as ignorant statement as saying GM is incapable of building a quality OHC motor.

I for one actually admire Toyota for doing this. They are diversifying their image. If they are successful it will no doubt be a good buisness move.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:41 PM

I don't see NASCAR fans being overly supportive of Toyota teams, and because of this they might have trouble luring some of the better drivers for a while. Once they get a couple years under their belts I don't see why they can't be just as successful as any other manufacturer out there...after all, "stock car" racing is far from stock, the cars are all built with similar aerodynamics and engines anyway.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:27 PM

I am technically a NASCAR fan but I hate NASCAR the series director and promotor. I think they have made a mockary of the sport. Too much success has gone to thier heads. NASCAR is good for door to door action where anybody can win.

Persoanlly I can't wait for Toyota to join the Winston Cup. I hope all the other "fans" get ticked like I will and stop going or watching it! Its time NASCAR get tought a lesson about messing with the series too much. They have had noting but success while true racers like myself sit back and fume about their ever changing rules and policies.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by 99SilverSS
I am technically a NASCAR fan but I hate NASCAR the series director and promotor. I think they have made a mockary of the sport. Too much success has gone to thier heads. NASCAR is good for door to door action where anybody can win.

Persoanlly I can't wait for Toyota to join the Winston Cup. I hope all the other "fans" get ticked like I will and stop going or watching it! Its time NASCAR get tought a lesson about messing with the series too much. They have had noting but success while true racers like myself sit back and fume about their ever changing rules and policies.
Here here!