Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Message from Red Planet

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 02:19 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by INTENSS:
Knowledge of the industry as a whole, how things get done in it, hierarchy, what consumers want, etc....

Patience meaning waiting a little while for what you want to come out. Sometimes you just have to wait for things. Whether you like it or not, our market niche doesn't make alot of money for the manufactuers right now - family cars/SUV's do.

I dont know if that pertains to you exactly...but it does to the majority of people who rant and rave on here. We all get pissed, however some of us need to learn restraint when faced with lack of knowledge and patience.

Just my $.02

-Rich
</font>
I see what you mean. However, as far as patience goes, people that "jump ship" because other companies have what they want while a particular company doesn't are far from posers (no I don't think you meant it that way, just want to clear it up for anyone that may see it that way though ).

I have a 97 which I didn't replace with a new Camaro (had a golden opportunity to get a new police version last winter) because I wasn't going to go into debt for something nearly identical to what I already have. But will I wait till my car is 10 years old before I buy a new one? No way.

If GTO is reasonably priced, GM still get's my business. If not, I'd have to take a good long look at the new Mustang or DCX, and I could be considered a ship jumper because what I want isn't produced by the company I prefer.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:45 PM

I'll see ya at SLP in Columbus and Bowling Green later in the year! (When you quit smoking) Drop me a e-mail when you get back in Motown.

GO WINGS!

------------------
2002 Z28 white/neutral A4 3.23
13.33 @ 104.7 - 650 miles
286rwhp/311rwtq - 1300 miles
STOCK for now!
Gone but not forgotten,
1999 Silver SS 6M #3956
1997 Black Z28 A4 3.23
------------------
Ryan S.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:07 PM

Thanks...Fbodfather!!!

------------------
One day at a time
1-16-92
Old 06-15-2002, 03:35 AM

Cool

Hey Red..hope ya forgive me..but like you said the F-Body is a passion that when I bought it never thought I would get into..well now I am..and that passion can go to love or hate..the love is for the Camaro the hate if for GM cancelling it..thats where the hate lies and anyone undermining the ability to produce some great cars should be hung...
ONE THING guys...maybee IM reading into it..but I do think Red does bring some fact to the table...GM is turning around for performance..the GMPD is heading out the door with a bang..could this be ashot that gets us back to the Camaro?? its not a hint or anything but I think for future that the nightly unpaid work into a 5th gen will pay off when presented to Lutz as a performace car...just need to get done by the numerous people that wont get the mention but will bring it back..will it be soon? its up to Lutz..he can bring it back fast than anyone...and there is work done already..just not official work but its there........thats about that..
Hey Red if we meet will you sign my car??? lol .any chance of coming to Boston for the July 21 gathering???

------------------
thanks
David Morgan
the "Over Drive Gang"
94 Z28 A4, K/N FIPK!,AIT Relocator,TB bypass,99 SS MAF Airfoil,HPP+, Shiftkit,Cutout, Flowmaster 80 series American Thunder Exhaust with 3" Chrome tips GMS Strut Tower Brace, GMS Sub Frame Connectors AND 93-96 GM Export Tail Lights! GTS Headlight Covers and Tail covers.

http://overdrive-gang.tripod.com

Check it out !! you might know some of the cars, or my friends.and a few of their rides frequent the pages of muscle car mags

Congrats Tony L. of the "ODG" Owner of The BBC 6SP 81 Malibu

Making Hot Rod Mags top 10 cars of 2001!!
Old 06-15-2002, 10:54 AM

Smile

I'm sure Mr Lutz will bring it back as soon as possible, but he has a full plate right now. Just imagine, GM is redesigning or replacing every model in less than 4 years. Even the just intoduced CTS will have a new interior in the next couple of years.

I believe the case for Camaro has all but been made. There is a invasion of sporty coupes on the horizon (not just from Ford & Chrysler either). Everyone in the Chevrolet Motor Division want's Camaro, right up to Chevy's General manager.

I think as soon as a economical plant is made & GM's bigger products have cleared the launch pad, we'll see another Camaro.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:59 PM

I'd also like to say thanks to Scott. Not only for this great update and reassurance in GM's future but for once again being a great guy to talk to the little guys. I'd also like to personally thank him for helping out my future. You probably don’t remember but I sent you an email and made a post concerning my wanting to get into the car industry. You shot me back a lot of ideas and I’m greatly applicative. I'd like to shoot you back some info. I’ve enrolled at Texas Tech Universities ME program and I cant wait to graduate from there or hopefully somewhere better in the next 4 or 5 years. I want to jump into the industry as soon as possible to help the up keep on the 5th gen, the 6th gen or many other exciting cars in our future. I hope one day to meet you. Keep up the good stuff. Once again thanks.

------------------
Stefan

1995 3.4L Camaro, Mystic Metallic Green, M5, 3.23’s, T-tops, every option except the V8

Ignore the future mods on my site, my plans have changed.
See my car here:
http://members.tripod.com/stars101010/

Best time: 10.7 @ 63mph in the 1/8 mile
Old 06-15-2002, 04:38 PM

guionM - I understand what you're saying. Its just that some people make comments and attack people when they dont have a clue. The result is some of the personal bashing we've seen on here when they (and us) don't know the full story.

I also agree that people can (and should) shop for whatever is right for them. However, I will continue to drive new GM vehicles. If nothin new from them fits my needs...I will hit the used car market. My next car was going to be a black 96 Impala SS (when the funds become available), but it looks like the GTO will be worth a look if the price/performance is right. Maybe even a new RWD V8 Monte SS?? That would be sweet...

-Rich
Old 06-15-2002, 08:28 PM

Talking

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by INTENSS:
guionM - I understand what you're saying. Its just that some people make comments and attack people when they dont have a clue. The result is some of the personal bashing we've seen on here when they (and us) don't know the full story.

I also agree that people can (and should) shop for whatever is right for them. However, I will continue to drive new GM vehicles. If nothin new from them fits my needs...I will hit the used car market. My next car was going to be a black 96 Impala SS (when the funds become available), but it looks like the GTO will be worth a look if the price/performance is right. Maybe even a new RWD V8 Monte SS?? That would be sweet...

-Rich
</font>
Good choice! I think the Impala SS is (next to actually making Corvette powered Camaros & Firebirds) the best thing that came out of GM in the 90s. It was one of my choices when it came time to replace the T-Bird. If I hadn't had the use of a 93Z for a few months...?

I know what you mean about the price. They are all over LA, but try to find a good one for under 20 grand!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Disciple

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Red Planet:
Who’s coming to ..... or SLP day in Columbus?</font>
See U there Scott!

Old 06-17-2002, 02:47 PM

Talking

Glad you still hang around!!!

I think the board needed to hear/see your voice/writting.

You got AOL Mail. Hopefully you still check it from time to time.

------------------
South Florida F-Body Association
1994 White Camaro Z28 A4 3.23
Surface-To-Surface Anti-Rice Missile
CAI, MAF Ends, AirFoil, Headers, !CAT, Cutout, Shift Kit, STB, SFC, Tunnel Brace, Enkei Wins.
Wallpaper 1024x768
"When I start my car, I want the neighbors to think the world is coming to an end" - Homer Simpson
Supporter of the NU-Metal Wave! And follower of Rock in General, including metal too.
Nu-Metal Haters are like close minded F-Body drivers. They have something good...but they are missing other great stuff out there.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:12 PM

Cool

I'll be in Bowling Green and hopefully I'll get to meet the "F-BodFather".

One other thing: We're excited about the GTO, but what us older, family guys (OK, I'm only 28, but... ) really want is the Holden Commodore here as the new Impala SS. Make sure the powers that be at GM know that. If they remember how well the 1994-96 Impala SS sold, they will hopefully already be making plans to bring the Commodore here. There, I've said what I wanted you to hear. Keep up the good work and don't let us down...

------------------
2000 Arctic White WS6 Formula MN6 - #17 of 232
GMMG Chambered Exhaust, MTI Clear Lid, Ripper
12.816 @ 111.46

Treasurer of the Central Ohio F-Body Association
Administrator of Columbus Racing

Sean's Cars/Homepage Here!