Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: How much longer you keeping your F-body?
Untill 1/01/06
15.38%
Untill 1/01/07
17.31%
untill 1/01/08
13.46%
FOREVER !!!!
53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

I give Chevy 8 more months.. how long u give em?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:39 AM

Exclamation I give Chevy 8 more months.. how long u give em?

I am giving Chevrolet till 10/05 to "Officially Announce" a future Camaro.. I will enjoy driving my 00' SS covert threw the summer months, then i'm trading it in. ( With 53K miles on it and alot to still pay off i'm in a no win situation. ) Unless i see a 200X Camaro picture on www.chevrolet.com. I can't wait for ever, maybe when i'm in my 40's i'll have the 69 i've dreamed about.

So how much longer you all plan on keeping your Camaros???
Old 02-24-2005, 03:33 AM

Re: I give Chevy 8 more months.. how long u give em?

It's not going anywhere any time soon.

Although I wouldn't mind having an Electron Blue 6 speed c5 sitting next to it in the garage.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by White2kSS
I am giving Chevrolet till 10/05 to "Officially Announce" a future Camaro.. I will enjoy driving my 00' SS covert threw the summer months, then i'm trading it in. ( With 53K miles on it and alot to still pay off i'm in a no win situation. ) Unless i see a 200X Camaro picture on www.chevrolet.com. I can't wait for ever, maybe when i'm in my 40's i'll have the 69 i've dreamed about.
why October???? what happends then??

Why not wait until the Jan 2006 Detroit auto show, that is when most new models are anounced. I'd expect to hear something between Jan. '06 -apr. '06 (NYC show)
Old 02-24-2005, 07:27 AM

Well, I keep my eyes open, but I'm also on a budget. Unless another used car strikes my fancy, I'll probably get a 00-02 Camaro or Firebird before I seriously consider moving on.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:59 AM

Already got rid of my Camaro. Still waiting for a 5th gen. I don't want to sink alot of money on a used 4th gen. If a 5th gen isn't out when I'm ready for a sports car, I'll get a 71 split bumper, or a used (probably C5) Vette.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Disciple

Two of mine are here to stay.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:17 AM

I'll keep mine forever... and acquire more as the pocketbook permits! One from each generation is the goal...
Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 AM

My Z will never have another owner as long as I'm still alive. I think it would be nice to have one from every generation too and probably will someday. Hopefully a 5th gen and later generations can be part of that.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 AM

My whole premise after the initial shock settled down with me a few years ago has been...

Buy what I can buy, and enjoy what I can enjoy... RIGHT NOW.

If and when a Camaro comes back, I'll be happy to look at it and consider it.

I don't love Camaro any less... I just don't see any reason why I shouldn't enjoy other alternatives right now.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:00 AM

Ah, i stopped counting or caring. Why when they haven't thrown us a single bone all these years? I hate being left in the dark, especially when the thing you're kept in the dark about is something that you're passionate about. Really, i don't care if GM had their hands tied behind their backs nor do i care for the whole politics behind the secrecy and everything surrounding the hiatus, etc...

There's a lot of new and used excellent performance cars out in the 25-35k price range that really appeal to me to really care anymore. When and if the 5th gen comes out, i'll consider it if i'm in the market for such a car then.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
It's not going anywhere any time soon.

Although I wouldn't mind having an Electron Blue 6 speed c5 sitting next to it in the garage.
yea, mine aren't going anywhere until i'm dead

and i second the electron blue c5, cept i'd like a z06
Old 02-24-2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gold_Rush
Ah, i stopped counting or caring. Why when they haven't thrown us a single bone all these years? I hate being left in the dark, especially when the thing you're kept in the dark about is something that you're passionate about. Really, i don't care if GM had their hands tied behind their backs nor do i care for the whole politics behind the secrecy and everything surrounding the hiatus, etc...
What do you mean no bones???? How about Zeta, Beta, and Kappa???? The reason for no 2003 Camaro was there was no RWD platform to put it on, now we have up to 3 on the way. Also I pretty sure Chevrolet has already said a RWD coupe is on the way, they just didn't use the word Camaro.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:48 AM

I wouldnt hold your breath waiting....Looks like GM is ok and excited about there new "revolution" without a fbody
Old 02-24-2005, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
What do you mean no bones???? How about Zeta, Beta, and Kappa???? The reason for no 2003 Camaro was there was no RWD platform to put it on, now we have up to 3 on the way. Also I pretty sure Chevrolet has already said a RWD coupe is on the way, they just didn't use the word Camaro.
Did GM officially say that? If they didn't, then they obviously haven't tossed us anything as far as info. If anything, they only planted doubts with comments along the lines of "we aren't working on a camaro".

That is all speculations/rumors. I want something official. Really, is there even a shred of factual evidence that GM is even working on a 5th gen outside of enthusiast speculations/rumors? Right now, we're only speculating that a future 5th gen might be on said platforms.

And the lack of the use of the term "Camaro" just highlights what i just said. They don't even want to publicly acknowledge the car as a whole. That's what i ment by "they aren't tossing us any bones". They are keeping us in the dark. If GM won't even publicly acknowledge a 5th gen camaro, then i feel that there's no real reason why i should hold my breath or hold out for it. But deep down inside, i think we'll see it by 2008. My worry is that they'll call it something else.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum
Two of mine are here to stay.
Yup.

Quick Reply: I give Chevy 8 more months.. how long u give em?