Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

This has gotten really old...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by MustangEater82
holy **** is that true.

I want to shoot myself, on a g6 board I am arguing with members about how their G6 GT is not much faster then my G6 base V6.

same car
same motor

Only differnce the GT has tapshift, which everyone agrees is lame.
Gt has adjustable pedals.
GT has a .23 better final drive.

Yet they will argue that a GT, will smoke v6s by buslengths because they are "base models"
You'll find the same thing on this very board. How long has the Z28 vs. SS debate raged on in the 4th gen sections?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:14 AM

I would have to say that Ford, Toyota, and Honda are also building lots of cars that 'nobody wants' according to sales figures for the last year and a half-

Could it be financial problems, people not having money to buy cars because of the $4 a gallon gas last year, over-extended credit cards, hard time getting loans for new purchases? Nah, must be the "crappy" cars that GM is building- again, just like Toyota, Honda, Nissan, et. al- As if GM was the only one having trouble selling cars in today's market....
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by shock6906
Just a bunch of ignorant parrots repeating what they've heard other ignorant parrots saying.
You are right dead on.

None of them understand the overall sales numbers between Toyota and GM. None have the automotive passion to understand a non-appliance car. None really have anything worthwhile to hear. Dennis Miller said it best when he said its like the modern media mic holders just talk on until they eventually come around at a point.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 PM

they don't build any cars i would want except for the corvette
Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by graham
None have the automotive passion to understand a non-appliance car.
what non-appliance cars does GM have now? they're getting rid of all their sporty cars. now they have camaro, corvette, and CTS. 3 "non-appliance" cars out of what 40+? yea that aveo really gets my blood pumping!

Last edited by jmsjags; 06-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.