Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

I have literally never done this....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 PM

I have literally never done this....

Alright, I have a 94 Camaro. I'm pretty sure it has Factory speakers and stereo in it..It has a Pioneer Stereo CD player. And well...Honestly...I DO NOT like the sound the speakers put out...I mean..it's alright...It's just my choice of music does not really sound that great with those speakers. I want to put a new system in my car(New CD Player/Stereo, New Speakers, stuff like that.) But I have NEVER done any of this before. How do I go about doing this? And could I put modern stereo/system stuff in my 94 Camaro?

Or is my year model to old...? Please I'm in need of dire help here literally...Thanks. I don't want to screw up and mess up anything..
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 AM

Re: I have literally never done this....

To answer your question, Yes. you can put whatever you want to in your car. You may need an adapter for your new head unit (cd player) i'm not sure what size speakers a 94 has but my 97 has 6.5" speakers in the door and behind the front seats in the B-pillar. you can pop the speaker covers of and look for yourself. Shop around and read reviews for what type of head unit you want. whether it be mp3, xm ready, auxiliary inputs for ipods and such. just look around. it's not terribly difficult
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Alright thanks. Do I need any special tools? Like, well, I'm pretty sure I gotta' take off my door panels and all that. But anyways, does anyone know what brand is good? Like what brand of speakers and a new head unit and all that? And where can I get adapters? And what kind of Adapter do I need? Is there any specific ones?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 AM

personally, i like my JL audio speakers, but they are high priced. i have a Panasonic head unit that i love <3. just go to your local best buy or other electronic store like that and shop around. ask if you can listen to their speakers and play with their head units. they will be able to get the adapter you need, if one is necesarry. it's all up to you. the panels come off with common tools. screw dirver pretty much. i'm not sure what kind of screws hold your speakers in though. could be a 10mm socket or a torx bit which you can get at almost any auto part or hardware store.