Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Has GM even confirmed that there will be a new camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 AM

Has GM even confirmed that there will be a new camaro?

I would rather have the 4th generation camaros be the last camaros so that I won't feel like a scrub when I still have mine and a fith generation camaro passes me by. Has GM even confirmed that it will be coming out with a new camaro? Confirm, meaning that they said something like this:

"We are definitely bringing back the camaro."

If what they said sounds even faintly vague, then I wouldn't even get excited or anxious. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Prominent Member

Re: Has GM even confirmed that there will be a new camaro?

No, nor will they for a few a little while longer...
Old 10-16-2004, 12:16 PM

No, but someone within the organization did tell us to, "have faith".
Old 10-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
All respect due to those who have made that statement, but Im getting damn tired of "having faith."
Old 10-16-2004, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by damon_Z
I would rather have the 4th generation camaros be the last camaros so that I won't feel like a scrub when I still have mine and a fith generation camaro passes me by. .

I know what you mean! My only consolation is that <hopefully> I will have a faster, meaner, better looking, better sounding, better braking, better handling etc etc Camaro than what Chevy produces. I've decided to sink 5g's into the engine. Next year will be 3g's in paint and body. Then wheels and tires. Then suspension. Then interior. I don't need to wait for chevy to produce a 400 hp/tq camaro engine for 30 G's when I can have my local engine builder do it for 5.

Then, by the time I'm done "pimping my ride" , the 5th gen will be out, and I'll go buy one!
Old 10-16-2004, 01:50 PM

With the way the marked it going sooner or later GM will have to produce another... i guess RWD performance coupe. But will it not suck and be called Camaro we don't know.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
...While others "within the organization" have publicly stated that Camaro is not coming back. Either way, GM leaves it's fans in the cold. There are lots of stories floating around of "how's" and "why's" but the bottom line is that we are really all still out in the cold, just like we were 3 years ago.

Now that the '05 Mustang is out the situation will change. If the car holds up well and is as good as it appears to be, nearly all the performance enthusiasts will migrate over, and it may be very tough to get them back. GM will be left with a few die hard supporters sitting out in the cold "keeping the faith" and the managers will continue trying to figure out how to improve market share by decimal points.

In terms of keeping the faith, I think GM is putting too much faith in us to sit out in the cold and wait around.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by WERM
In terms of keeping the faith, I think GM is putting too much faith in us to sit out in the cold and wait around.

I could not agree more.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:09 PM

...While others "within the organization" have publicly stated that Camaro is not coming back. Either way, GM leaves it's fans in the cold. There are lots of stories floating around of "how's" and "why's" but the bottom line is that we are really all still out in the cold, just like we were 3 years ago.

Now that the '05 Mustang is out the situation will change. If the car holds up well and is as good as it appears to be, nearly all the performance enthusiasts will migrate over, and it may be very tough to get them back. GM will be left with a few die hard supporters sitting out in the cold "keeping the faith" and the managers will continue trying to figure out how to improve market share by decimal points.

Couldnt've said that better myself.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:56 PM

so true...I am starting to think that the only one that will not let us in the cold is Scott..and he doesn't have all the power to bring back the Camaro

Thanks Scott.

Last edited by luis nunez; 10-16-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 PM

Please...everyone buy a Mustang!! Do it! They are so awesome!

I think I speak for many here...shut up and buy a Mustang please. PLEASE just buy the damn thing already. Stop talking and buy it!
Dont type anymore. I dont want to hear about you dont feel like waiting or you dont want to "have faith". Fine, no one cares. Buy your Mustang. But please...shut up and do it without posting about "I want my Camaro".
Just do it already. Go down to your Ford dealership, trade in your 325hp Camaro in for a 300hp Mustang GT with that fancy color changing dash.
Please, buy the Mustang so every one can shut up. We all know that there is no Camaro out. There is no need to keep bringing it up. We all know that he Mustang will sell 4 milion copies this year or whatever. Just buy the car. Dont whine, just buy the car.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:30 AM

oh shut up.............................anyway, I would love to get a RWD coupe from chevy with one of those 400hp LS2 motors.I may wait a few months more to see if there is ever going to be any "official" word.Then it will be off to the Ford dealer.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:06 AM

In one huge way I would relish the prospect of a new Camaro.

In another way it would destroy me.
I like my car right now - it's quick enough and looks good, and the biggest plus is - I own it outright.

If a 5th gen comes out and I happen to fall in love with it (very good chance) then I'm going to see myself in debt again.

I'm such a sucker.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:48 AM

Im with Al. If you dont want a 5th gen, then go find some place else to hang out online. If the Camaro is coming out, it will be here when it gets here. Theres been enough info for me to think that it will be back. If you dont think so then this isnt the board to be posting on. If it is in the works, it doesnt matter how many people say they are tired of waiting. It will still take just as long to get the car to the showroom floor. Lastly, there MUST be some reason why GM hasnt said a word about bringing it back. It doesnt seem like something they would do by choice, but that might just be me.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:10 AM

Unfortunately, I think the only reason GM hasn't said anything yet is because the car is far, far from production...

and that's too bad, because if they just announced something, anything...then I think they would hold on to a few of their customers. If/when the special edition Mustang comes out and there is still no announcement then I will have officially jumped ship.

And I think its important for GM to not take its Camaro customers for granted, so making references to buying other cars is not whining, it speaks truth. It's also acts as a warning to GM...because we do know they read these boards.

Quick Reply: Has GM even confirmed that there will be a new camaro?