Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

The El Camino Comeback

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Re: The El Camino Comeback

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
So what if they did an El Camino like vehicle that was an HHR with a bed?

Probably for vastly different demographic then an australian ute with a V8, but could it sell?

Fairly certain HHR "Trucks" have been discussed on here before. Or if you don't want it to look as much like a classic truck, what if it was a Cruze with a bed?
Several years back I did a photochop of an HHR with a bed.

I'm just not sure how well a HHR or Cruze with a bed would do in the market because they are both FWD. However, I did suggest in another thread that GM should consider an El Camino-like vehicle based off the Alpha/130R platform.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Re: The El Camino Comeback

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Several years back I did a photochop of an HHR with a bed.

I'm just not sure how well a HHR or Cruze with a bed would do in the market because they are both FWD. However, I did suggest in another thread that GM should consider an El Camino-like vehicle based off the Alpha/130R platform.
This would of course not be strictly for the "performance utility" type of market that a Holden Ute is chasing. More like something different for a younger demographic. It would be somewhat unique and probably offer superior economy to a larger RWD vehicle. Granted it would not offer the same cargo capacity. It would be chasing people who want a small car with something of a personality. Perhaps more of a competitor for the variations of Mini Coopers.