Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

2009 Taurus SHO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by rwb
At this point Ford lacks the money and the talent to develop a car like this. The first sho was good the second sucked big time.
They what?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 AM

The author is kidding, right?

That's a fair dinkum POS.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:47 AM

Hopefully, if they produce it, it isn't FWD. The last SHO torque steered like a bear stung by a swarm of bees.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:21 AM

To bad Ford cant do what GM is doing right now . If Ford could bring in some of their COOL euro and Aussie cars , the wouldnt have to polish pigs like the Taurus . Euro Foucs at the bottom end , Fusion in the middle and Falcon on top . Add the Mustang and Ford would have a pretty damn desireable lineup as far as cars are concerned .

All I can say about that pic , is ....yes , it does look better than a standard Taurus .
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SSbaby
The author is kidding, right?

That's a fair dinkum POS.
SS my man you talking about me posting it or the website? Or just the styling?

The SHO was at car that at the time was a blue collar drivers car than basically Ford surprised us with and hit it out of left feild with the job they did creating it. There was really not much in Detroit in the 80's for 4 door performance sedans and this was the hit.
Ever since Ford dropped the ugly pos egg shaped Taurus SHO its been missed by people that would like the nameplate to return..It gave the Taurus some clout in the market..everyone I talked to who got a used one or what not a few years ago wish they got it sooner..or if they bought a taurus back then they wished they got the SHO..it was that type of car..
When you bout a SHO it was IMO you could say yea I drive a Z28..people know that..or a ZR1 they know the vette or an IROC..they know its a Camaro..you say SHO they knew it was the bad *** taurus off its time.

And with performance sedans the way they are now.why not bring it back? If FORD HAD THE $$$$

Here is one guys take on them:
http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec...-sho/index.htm

Last edited by Caps94ZODG; 09-09-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Must be a bad picture, because that thing looks like a big brick to me.

Dan
Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by AdioSS
The funny thing is that engine was developed from the old SHO 3.4L V8.
Ford, Volvo, and Yamaha all three say that this is not true.

The motor would certainly fit in the new Taurus, though since it shares its platform with the XC90.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:48 PM

1998 called and VW wants their Passat back.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Toukijin
1998 called and VW wants their Passat back.
Jay Mays said no , I work for Ford now , deal with it
Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM

I like it. Nice agressive stance and some interesting detail.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
SS my man you talking about me posting it or the website? Or just the styling?

The SHO was at car that at the time was a blue collar drivers car than basically Ford surprised us with and hit it out of left feild with the job they did creating it. There was really not much in Detroit in the 80's for 4 door performance sedans and this was the hit.
Ever since Ford dropped the ugly pos egg shaped Taurus SHO its been missed by people that would like the nameplate to return..It gave the Taurus some clout in the market..everyone I talked to who got a used one or what not a few years ago wish they got it sooner..or if they bought a taurus back then they wished they got the SHO..it was that type of car..
When you bout a SHO it was IMO you could say yea I drive a Z28..people know that..or a ZR1 they know the vette or an IROC..they know its a Camaro..you say SHO they knew it was the bad *** taurus off its time.

And with performance sedans the way they are now.why not bring it back? If FORD HAD THE $$$$

Here is one guys take on them:
http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec...-sho/index.htm
It's no wonder Ford is in the sh!thouse. It's people like you that give Ford false hope!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:20 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SSbaby
It's no wonder Ford is in the sh!thouse. It's people like you that give Ford false hope!

What are you talking about?? This SHO was created by a fan of the SHO..so what does ford have to do with this?? Or my way of thinking?

The Taurus was one of the most respected names in Fords lineup. Top seller and the SHO was the icing on a well made well advertised and well sold car back then.

Fords problem is killing names like Taurus (the #1 selling car in the U.S. for many years in the 80's and 90's) Sable, and so on. cancelling programs that should not have been cancled, ending cars runs without any replacement. letting others linger on without an update for years on end. and poor execution of the way Ford is run. I dont know how its "people like me" that are doing it?

SS tell me how my appreciation for a fan made website on a car that back in the day was well recieved... is giving ford fasle hopes?

I like what you say on here man but to give me greif for my liking of a fan made photoshop car and website? I'd really like to know where your comming from on this one?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Looks Great!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 AM

A new SHO probably wouldn't be bad for Ford's image...use the 4.4L Volvo/Yamaha V8, make it AWD...it might not be the fastest sedan ever, but it would certainly make your pulse quicken.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
A new SHO probably wouldn't be bad for Ford's image...use the 4.4L Volvo/Yamaha V8, make it AWD...it might not be the fastest sedan ever, but it would certainly make your pulse quicken.
I agree. All the off the shelf parts are there, just have SVT or Shelby put them together.

Quick Reply: 2009 Taurus SHO!!!