Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

LT1's with Eibach Prokit Springs, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 01:38 AM

LT1's with Eibach Prokit Springs, Please Help!

I currently have DMS springs on my '95 camaro, and I hate the ride quality. It is way to harsh and and stiff of a ride, but it looks great and handles great. Anyways I was thinking about changing to the Eibach Prokit and I wanted to know form you guys how your ride quality is. Thanks for your help!

JC
Old 01-07-2004, 06:22 AM

I can tell you my car rides great or my car rides like crap and what information have you gleened?

Harsh or stiff are relative terms.

Find someone in your area that has the springs you want, take a ride on the streets you drive on and make a decision based upon your impressions, not mine.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:53 AM

Did you change your shocks when you changed your springs?? If not, you need to. If would greatly improve the ride quality.

Years ago I changed to Eibach Sportline's and kept the DeCarbon shocks. Yea, it looked great and on smooth roads handled great but on anything else, it rode like crap. It bounced and slammed all over the place.

I finally went with STIFFER springs and Koni SA's in the front, STIFFER rear springs and Bilstein HD's in the rear and the car feels and rides SO much better. I even added stiffer sway bars in the process.

In my opinion, shocks will make or break the ride quality of your car. No matter what spring you decide to go with, without a good quality shock that's matched to that spring, your ride will suffer along with your handling.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:49 PM

i have the prokit and bilstein HDs. i like the ride. its a sports car but its not uncomfortable to me. definetly try and ride with some who has a different setup or even your same setup see how it is and maybe whats wrong with yours if anything. thats the best advice i can give. trey
Old 01-08-2004, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by TA Dreaming
i have the prokit and bilstein HDs. i like the ride. its a sports car but its not uncomfortable to me. definetly try and ride with some who has a different setup or even your same setup see how it is and maybe whats wrong with yours if anything. thats the best advice i can give. trey
I also have the bilstein HDs. So I think I am going to give the Prokit springs a try. Thanks for your help, everyone.