Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Cheap Camaros are easy to find. Here are some in the Seattle area:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/car/242664125.html $1500

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/car/245319811.html $3000

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/car/243155206.html $2600

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=213475069&dealer_id=59031777&car_ye ar=1994 $2999
Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 PM

I have also offered my car to them as well. The problem with that is all the legal stuff, not to mention it may take up to 6 months for this, and he'd rather not take anyone's car for that long.

Ideally he wants to buy one. Also, thanks Bragneta, but he is looking to spend under $1000 here.

Keep the search!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 PM

I'll keep my eyes out for a heap if that's what they want. They just need the front end right? I'm sure a Camaro that got rearended by a semi will show up sooner or later.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 PM

I have driven my car 3 times in the past 3 years so its not a big deal to me. Let me know if they are interested in using mine. I would be willing to pitch in some $ too if needed. I would like to see this happen and I am willing to use my car to get it done.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 PM

I think the only way they'd do that Ponykiller is if you sold them the car for $1, transferred the title and all that, and then they could sell the car back to you when they're done.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM

It's more of a insurance thing. If anything were to happen to someone's car either on the way to the shop, or while it was there.... Pretty much they'd rather just stay away from it all together and find a car for themselves so they don't have to worry about it. Preferably if the car is drivable, that would obviously work the easiest so they don't have to trailer it. However as long as like Bragneta said "the front end is in tact" (meaning the front bumper, front fenders, hood, and most importantly the old light assembly) then that would also work.

Again, I have sent them a few adds I have seen for high mileage Camaro's, or roller chassis for under $1000, but he still hasn't been able to get one yet. So again, the sooner we find FocuzTech a car, the sooner we can have the new headlamp assembly for ours.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 PM

There has to be someone that is near their location that could help out on this board. I unfortunately am located almost as far away as possible.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM

Someone in that area needs to call a salvage yard. I've been working a case for the past few week where I've had to go to a bunch of salvage yards to find a certain make/model of car. If you find a yard that is on the network, they can search other yards in the network to find the car.. I personally saw about 13 camaros and 7 t/a's in my travels, but none had anything I could use. There were a couple 93-97's that had the front end in tact, so I don't imagine it would be too hard to locate one on the west coast.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
How many of you out there would be interested in a new headlamp setup for your 93-97 Camaro? I would ideally like to see something similar in shape of the LS1 style headlamps. Something definatly with the Halo, round, white, bright lamps in them as well. At least 2 bulbs in each fixture, but I wouldn't mind seeing even 3.

I do not have these headlamps, I am mearly checking to see who out there besides myself would be interested, and then hopefully someone with means to make this happen will also see this so it can be done. Honda Hunter had said earlier he might have the means to see it through production.

Ideally I would like to see the enclosed lamp fit with the stock front bumper, and with the stock hood. Something molded to be a direct fit. Who else out there is interested?
hey i would be very intrested in this headlight conversion i think that a good idea. i hop that its not to costy
Old 12-09-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rebelphotog96
Someone in that area needs to call a salvage yard. I've been working a case for the past few week where I've had to go to a bunch of salvage yards to find a certain make/model of car. If you find a yard that is on the network, they can search other yards in the network to find the car.. I personally saw about 13 camaros and 7 t/a's in my travels, but none had anything I could use. There were a couple 93-97's that had the front end in tact, so I don't imagine it would be too hard to locate one on the west coast.
Yes, we have done that and are continuing to do it...pricing for a front clip isn't cheap (seems to to be the deal with the yards) and I would prefer to have something thats mobile under it's own power (for demo purposes once we have a mockup on the car for output and look-see pics). We are going after this and looking every day. I am sorry I haven't posted more often or updated...will stay on top of it.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:00 PM

there is a front clip i can prob get from a local car in a scrap yard here, it was hit hard in the rear, ill check this week see how much they want for the front clip
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM

I just stumbled upon these Honda Accord headlights on ebay by accident. They look pretty cool; I bet this is about what Focuztech will give us!

From a design standpoint, this looks ok, but I would prefer larger bulbs/lights within the lamp.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:41 PM

Even if they used the small bulbs like that, adding a "frit" to the inside of the
lense like the GTO headlights, could help out some.

Yes, the front ends ARE expensive! Pricing the repair parts for my 93 I was
quite shocked. Not to mention availability. I found its easier (and cheaper)
getting quality new or used body parts for my 1963 Avanti!

Tom
Old 12-21-2006, 01:28 PM

UPDATE: Talked with Mike from FocuzTech a few days ago. He says he has a couple cars that he is currently looking at, and one of them he will most likely be purchasing. Hopefully after the Holidays we will have more info. Once he has a car though, the process will begin, and hopefully by the time summer rolls around, we will have a new headlight assembly!!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 PM

Cool. Do you know if he is working based on the design I made?

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?