Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

White Leather T/A Front Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 08:52 AM

White Leather T/A Front Seats???

I've seen a couple of cars whith this and i just love it. I'm repainting my car and that is the next step. I'm taking out the back seats so i don't need them just the front. Does anyone know where i can buy some or where i can get some made? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx alot!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:01 AM

There are some for sale sometimes in the For Sale Section sometimes...other than that just watch on e-bay and check salvage yards and F-Body salvage co's. A new site opened just recently called F-Body Trader but I don't know if there is a lot of stuff on there or not yet. IF you want to buy some though, that's my suggestions...without getting ridiculously overpriced.

What I would do however, is just find some regular T/A seats (or if you already have some), and get them upholstered. You can go one of two ways here...get them covered in leather $CHA-CHING$, or get some of the new vinyl like material they are making. Some of that stuff is super nice (much better than leather IMO), and they are using it in Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus's...of coarse, just about all the side covering on any seat is vinyl, it doesn't crack as easy as leather. I would probably do that and save some serious moolah. If you look, you will find some that is really nice, and that you can be proud of. Ask any upholster about it, and many of them will strait up tell you that (some of) the vinyl will outlast, and outlook the leather...plus it sits just as nice.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:40 PM

I totally agree with bowtie. First of all you have good taste, white leather is the SHIAT, totally stunning, but LEATHER cracks and fades... so it is RARE and EXPENSIVE as hell to get white leather in good condition. I have full white leather interior, and you can check my sig for pics. What sucks is you have to maintain it to keep it in great shape.

I would definately check into getting yours re-upholstered in that white vinyl stuff, unless you have alot of $$$$ to play with.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:19 PM

white leather turns so on!! hehe j/k
but i do however love it!! i want to swap to white leather but everyone whos gottem, wont get rid of them hehehe...i'll get them one day...i promise..good luck