Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What Rear Valance Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Nah, that one's different. The SLP one is 1 piece and is held on with adhesive tape and two plastic body panel retainers similar to the ones in the wheel wells on the front quarter panels. I think that's what they are at least, I've never removed the valence. It does collect sand/dirt though, which SUCKS.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Nah, that one's different. The SLP one is 1 piece and is held on with adhesive tape and two plastic body panel retainers similar to the ones in the wheel wells on the front quarter panels. I think that's what they are at least, I've never removed the valence. It does collect sand/dirt though, which SUCKS.
But you see that it's advertised as being am oem SLP PEICE, right? Also what did you think of my other question? What it would look like on a street/strip styled car?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:23 PM

I don't believe it's an SLP OEM part despite what they say, but it could be... I know it wasn't offered in 2001 when we were researching our car's options on SLP's website.

I think the SLP CME like I have looks good on all Camaros that are nicely painted and taken care of. More show car than go car. I probably wouldn't think it would look so hot on my Z28 since it is starting to look its age either.

I suppose it depends on the look you're going for. I'd describe the SLP CME being Porsche-ish and classy, so if you're wanting something that looks badass and tough for drag racing, I don't know if I'd choose it. Plus, what if on a launch your rear end dipped and cracked your super expensive cast aluminum tips?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I don't believe it's an SLP OEM part despite what they say, but it could be... I know it wasn't offered in 2001 when we were researching our car's options on SLP's website.

I think the SLP CME like I have looks good on all Camaros that are nicely painted and taken care of. More show car than go car. I probably wouldn't think it would look so hot on my Z28 since it is starting to look its age either.

I suppose it depends on the look you're going for. I'd describe the SLP CME being Porsche-ish and classy, so if you're wanting something that looks badass and tough for drag racing, I don't know if I'd choose it. Plus, what if on a launch your rear end dipped and cracked your super expensive cast aluminum tips?

GOOD POINT, MAYBE I'M BETTER OFF WITH SOMETHING ELSE