Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What Rear Valance Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM

What Rear Valance Is This?

http://www.pypesexhaust.com/gallery/gallery105-02.jpg

http://www.pypesexhaust.com/gallery/gallery105-03.jpg

I REALLY LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS, DOES ANYBODY RECOGNIZE IT?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:07 PM

I thought I saw one of them at Ecklers once, but that was awhile ago.

Are you going to get the tips too?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

It's the valance that SLP offered with their center mount exhaust kit. There's a guy on here that did a custom fab job through some manufacturer that he's in with. Search for CME and you should be able to find it. I would but I feel lazy tonight.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM

I like it, kind of GTO-ish.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Alright, since nobody posted it, I found the link.

Aftermarket CME valance. You're welcome.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 PM

There is a thread on ls1tech about the aftermarket CME valance.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by shock6906
It's the valance that SLP offered with their center mount exhaust kit. There's a guy on here that did a custom fab job through some manufacturer that he's in with. Search for CME and you should be able to find it. I would but I feel lazy tonight.
Wasn't the SLP A 2 pc and kinda bulged outward at the bottom?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Wasn't the SLP A 2 pc and kinda bulged outward at the bottom?
Nope, looked just like the one posted earlier. Here's a thread on projectcamaro.com of an SS with the SLP CME valance and tips.

http://www.projectcamaro.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12626
Old 10-24-2007, 09:44 AM

Here's some pics of my SLP CME. Be careful if you buy a set of used SLP tips somewhere. The early design was prone to cracking in half. We hit a bump and POW they broke in half. SLP added a support brace on the later tips. It'll be really obvious which version you find. The support brace is a piece of aluminum square tubing.

These are all pics of the original set of tips.

Day we bought the car in November 2001.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM

This guy looks like he has the re-worked SLP tips. I'm not going to find out if that's true, but you should be able to see the additional support brace on this set of tips behind the wussy one that is molded in.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Brangeta, what are the 2 pc designs that I see here and there? I thought that I was reading those as being the SLP design. I was thinking of getting the pypes exhaust like what was in the original post and using everything from the tailpipes and back for my custom true duals later. Here's a question for you guys though. As good as this looks, does it look out of place on a car with more street/strip type style, you know, bigs/ littles, slightly lowered, that kind of thing. What are your opinions guys?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Brangeta, what are the 2 pc designs that I see here and there? I thought that I was reading those as being the SLP design. I was thinking of getting the pypes exhaust like what was in the original post and using everything from the tailpipes and back for my custom true duals later. Here's a question for you guys though. As good as this looks, does it look out of place on a car with more street/strip type style, you know, bigs/ littles, slightly lowered, that kind of thing. What are your opinions guys?
I dunno what you mean. What's 2 pieces? The SLP tip is a single piece if that's what you mean.

This guy bought some aftermarket type that isn't made of cast aluminum: https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...hlight=slp+CME

I think this guy has the same set:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...hlight=slp+CME

Here's a pic of the replacement set of CME tips SLP sent me back in the day when the original set broke:

My only complaint about these is that they get dirty and turn black rather quickly. Since they are aluminum, I suppose they can be cleaned by aluminum polish, but I haven't tried it. Some people have told me to use steel wool, but IMO that's a good way to ruin them.

I personally really like the way the tips look. In all honesty, most tips for Camaros look low-class and out of place. They just sort of hang there like antlers on a moose. But the CME setup integrates the tips into the body lines of the car and makes it look high quality/well designed like a Porsche. There is one thing to warn you about though; if you have your car lowered, the tips can scrape on speed bumps and going up/down driveways if you don't take them really slow. Our SS came with the SLP optional Bilstein/Eibach suspension setup, and it sits lower in the back than it does in the front. Not good for these tips, but it brings the height of the car back down to the factory stock height of an LT1 Z28 despite the larger wheels.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
My only complaint about these is that they get dirty and turn black rather quickly. Since they are aluminum, I suppose they can be cleaned by aluminum polish, but I haven't tried it. Some people have told me to use steel wool, but IMO that's a good way to ruin them.
Actually if you get the "0000" steel wool, it will clean them up really well and not damage them. Of course Mother's aluminum polish will shine them up too.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 PM

I'd trust paper towels and a little creamy polish before I'd trust steel
Old 10-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906
Nope, looked just like the one posted earlier. Here's a thread on projectcamaro.com of an SS with the SLP CME valance and tips.

http://www.projectcamaro.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12626
Check out this ebay item# and you'll see why I was confused. It's 160170703734

Quick Reply: What Rear Valance Is This?