Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Vinyl Decals Peeling..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Vinyl Decals Peeling..

So I have the 35th aniversary stripe kit on my car and after a year and a half of owning it one of the stripes is starting to peel and tear and before I go out and shell $250 when I have one more year of highway *rock flying* driving to go back and forth to school i'd like to just get to set back down. Any suggestions on adhesive I can just put on it to hold it down.

Phoenix graphics told me I can't just buy the one stripe and to use crazy glue but I am sure thats not a good idea for the paint. So if anyone has a good suggestion I'll take it. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by FiefSS
So I have the 35th aniversary stripe kit on my car and after a year and a half of owning it one of the stripes is starting to peel and tear and before I go out and shell $250 when I have one more year of highway *rock flying* driving to go back and forth to school i'd like to just get to set back down. Any suggestions on adhesive I can just put on it to hold it down.

Phoenix graphics told me I can't just buy the one stripe and to use crazy glue but I am sure thats not a good idea for the paint. So if anyone has a good suggestion I'll take it. Thanks!
You could "try" some clear silicone adhesive. Just make sure you get everything really clean first. That might get you thru til you get new stripes. I have a vinyl cutter and was thinking of making those stripes if there were any call for them
Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the reply, I used a silicone product and it came out fine, just a little tear now instead of it folding up.