2016+ Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and General Discussion All 2016+ 6th Gen Camaro news, photos, videos, and General Dsicussion

Camarofest 6 Gen pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM

Camarofest 6 Gen pics

Some users in the Camaro6.com forums posted some pics from Camaro fest.

The first link shows the cars themselves. Not much new in this link. But there are some more pics of the interior. If the interior of the car looks as good as it does in pics, this car is badass. Toward the end of the thread is a pic of the fob.

Who is going to CamaroFest? (6th gen photos inside) - CAMARO6

The second link is to some pics of a display GM had up of advertising stripe and ground effects packages for the car. Check out the pic of the blue Camaro with the black rally stripes. Sweetness. I'm beginning to think that blue color maybe the go to color of the new Camaro.

I spy splitter and decals - GM previews body effects and stripe kits at Camaro Fest - CAMARO6

Stupid question time: I'm not seeing any place on the door which has a key operated lock. The fob itself appears to have no keys. How do you get in the car if the doors are locked and the battery goes out? I'm thinking this setup is the same as the new corvette so someone knows the answer to this.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Camarofest 6 Gen pics

I think it would be like the Corvette. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's probably something like a key embedded into the fob that is released with a little switch or button. Somewhere under the rear of the car is a hidden keyhole. Using the key on the keyhole opens the trunk, and inside the trunk is an emergency door opener mechanism.

I assume it is something like that anyway.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Re: Camarofest 6 Gen pics

That sounds interesting. I currently have an '05 Xterra. For some reason the battery goes out every 2.5 years or so as weird as it sounds. A bad mark on an otherwise excellent vehicle. Anyway, I was looking over everything with a since of dread. That sounds like a workable solution to a dead battery. I hope it doesn't happen often on the Camaros.