Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Two questions for ya

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 12:28 PM

Wink Two questions for ya

First question is, it is starting to get cold here and i get that build up of ice on my windshield in the morning and i hate it. I have heard of that spray you put on the windshield to make rain just run off. If i spray some on the window will it eliminate the ice forming on it?

Second one is, my weather stripping lining on my back hatch window on the top is coming off. Is there any glue or adhesive i can use that wont make a mess on the window and can still have a strong hold that will last long?

thanks in advance
Old 12-03-2002, 12:50 PM

•No, Rain-X or anything like it will not keep the ice from forming on your windshield...it isn't potent enough to keep the water (or condensation in this case) from actually sticking to the windshield. It will however make the water bead off when going down the road. If enough is applied to a clean windshield, it will just bead the water off, but some (the smaller beads) will usually stay behind. However, I use the windshield cleaner stuff (that you turn the wiper **** to activate) that has Rain-X in it, and it workd good for the rain...they make different ones, some that are specifically for colder conditions.

•3M Weatherstripping Adhesive works pretty good...check the parts stores and any local Autobody Supply Shops.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:57 PM

Cool thanks for the info. I just wish there was something i can put on the windshield so ice wont form. Its a pain in the *** for the defroster to work when your in a hurry to work.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:13 PM

It frosts just about every night in the winter here in GA as well...I was out in Phoenix for vacation visiting some family at Christmas a few years back, and I didn't even think frost or cold existed. Especially with it being as dry as it is out there...oh well...

The best fix I have found is throw an old blanket over it at night. I use a big queen size quilt that covers my windshield and side windows...works great! The rear defroster works great, so I don't even bother with it...
Old 12-03-2002, 01:23 PM

Yeah its only at night where it gets down to the 50's high 40's. During the day its a cool 67 or above(good enough to still wear shorts). I thought about covering it with a blanket or a car cover but i live in an apartment complex so it might attract the attention of i have something valuable in the car and dont want to share look. Thanks for the advice