Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trans Am Wording on Doors - 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 PM

Trans Am Wording on Doors - 4th Gen

Does anyone have any idea what kind of font is used for that logo??
Old 08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Trans Am Wording on Doors - 4th Gen

It's not a font... it's a "graphic" so to speak. None of the GM logos that I'm aware of have ever been made into a "font". The Porche font is about like the 4th gen CAMARO font but is still not very close.

If you want letters other than what is in the actual "Trans Am" then you need to create them yourself. Of course, you need to create the original "Trans Am" as well because it doesn't exist either
Old 08-13-2005, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
It's not a font... it's a "graphic" so to speak. None of the GM logos that I'm aware of have ever been made into a "font". The Porche font is about like the 4th gen CAMARO font but is still not very close.

If you want letters other than what is in the actual "Trans Am" then you need to create them yourself. Of course, you need to create the original "Trans Am" as well because it doesn't exist either
Hmmm....well, that finishes that. I was hoping to use it when I revamp my website but oh well. MBA aparrently could create wording designed like it because they were going to be making me a custom TB plate with that "script" that said Fastbird, but so much for that now.

Thanks Brent for answering my question.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Hmmm....well, that finishes that. I was hoping to use it when I revamp my website but oh well. MBA aparrently could create wording designed like it because they were going to be making me a custom TB plate with that "script" that said Fastbird, but so much for that now.

Thanks Brent for answering my question.
Yes, it would have been custom They could have got the "F" from "Firebird" and then the "a" and the "s" from "Trans" and then they would have had to make the "t" but the "bird" could have come from "Firebird".

Those are all basically the same "font" and they have those already and could have made just the "t" so it wouldn't have been too difficult
Old 08-13-2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Yes, it would have been custom They could have got the "F" from "Firebird" and then the "a" and the "s" from "Trans" and then they would have had to make the "t" but the "bird" could have come from "Firebird".

Those are all basically the same "font" and they have those already and could have made just the "t" so it wouldn't have been too difficult
Lol, the only problem now is that MBA seems to be non-existent anymore.