Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Some more neons are on the way for Xmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 03:21 PM

hey whats up, i have Street Glow Gold Series Blue neon under carriage lights. Unfortionatly i haven't posted pics of my neon under carriage lights..yet. Also check out Varad's L.E.D under carriage kit. They look really awesome. I think their website is www.varad.com
Old 12-08-2002, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by Shorty95Camaro
Has anyone run their switches to inside of their cigerette ash tray box?
Mine is in the ash tray. Ill post pics in a few.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:51 PM

i had underbodys but cops out here have a major issue with them and will tickit you for it they are illigal no matter what anyones says ,, atleast in ma like cops have nothing else better to do
Old 12-08-2002, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Shorty95Camaro
Vega, very nice ride. I was checking out your picks and for being 16 you are very lucky. I have had mine for about a year and got it a week or two after turning 17...and i still couldn't get the Z. I just couldn't get that type of insurance. You are very lucky.

Also, best of luck with the neons. The wiring can probably be a slight pain, but try to research and find someone to help you.

I've wanted to put a turqoise tube under each of my front seats, but I am personally afraid of the wiring myself.

Has anyone run their switches to inside of their cigerette ash tray box? I always thought that would be a perfect location with it being hidden and all, but the only small kits i've seen for there is for nitrous.

Mark
Yeah you can run them on the cig lighter, I'm using a make shift plug in I made but when I install the UB and license plate frame I'm going to a 2 wire hookup. I'm running all my stuff from the little compartment area in front of the shifter. Matter of fact I'm about to seal it so the only thing that will be their is switches and a Street Glow Sound module. Oh yeah if you are going with interior neon's may I also recommend you also buy a Street Glow sound module. You can run all your interior neon's from the module and you can make them beat to the bass. I run my four red neon's from it and it works great.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:42 PM

Nick- I saw your ride right when you posted it a month or two back. I think it's incredible. i really want to do a lot of the interior work you have...for example the motorized DVD player headunit and the visors. That costs a lot though. Keep up the work for your ride though, it looks amazing.

I'll have to look into that sound module, that was what I was going to say though. With the neons mounted under my seats I'd want them to beat. I think it looks amazing when the sound pulsates along the floor.

I should go buy them...

hmm

Mark
Old 12-08-2002, 10:09 PM

Mark- Thanks for the props, i appreciate it. Yeah the DVD players with the built in LCD's are pricey but i think they are definatly worth it. That way you can have the DVD player and LCD all in one shot. The thing that sucks about the Camaro's dash is that it is angled more towards the driver, which is great for the driver but sucks for the passenger. I also checked out the sound module for the neons...it definatly sounds hot, i think i might get that once i put in some more neon and Led's. Anyways good luck with your ride and keep up the great work.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:43 PM

Hey guys. Perhaps you can help me with something.

I have two license plate neons under my seats hooked to a rocker switch in my ashtray that runs off my cigarrette lighter. Then, I have a Streetglow Gold series (green) kit running off the same switch.

First, are there any other inconspicuous places to add more that don't show bulbs (I was thinking in the footwells, but i dunno if that would be overkill).

Second, On occasion my exterior neons will turn on temporarily and cut off at random (and will stay off unless i turn the swich off and on again- usually though, that does not help unless i wait a while). However, my interior neons stay on. Can anyone explain this??? Is there a problem running them to the same switch? is there a prob running them both off the cig lighter (i didnt think it'd be a prob since neons don't draw much current). Any help on this would be super. Thanks guys,
-J
Old 12-09-2002, 12:38 AM

I am getting ready to put a couple of neons in each footwell as well, along with a couple of mini's in the speaker grills in the back. I was wondering what the biggest size is you can put in the footwells and where the cheapest place to buy them is? Thanks guys.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:42 AM

Oh and where is the best place to mount them at? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Rich_z28
I am getting ready to put a couple of neons in each footwell as well, along with a couple of mini's in the speaker grills in the back. I was wondering what the biggest size is you can put in the footwells and where the cheapest place to buy them is? Thanks guys.
They are hard to find but if I was you I would see if you can find a pair of 12 inch Street Glow mini accents neons. The only place I know you can buy them is from SG and they are kind of overpriced but they are well worth the money.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:53 PM

thatas where mine are ill post some pics for you guys, looks awsome
Old 12-09-2002, 10:02 PM

Hey guys was I correct in saying that SG is thhe only place that you can get the 12inch mini's from? I have not been able to find any other site that sells them.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:18 PM

My philosophy is: Always check walmart and auto zone first.
Walmart, for whatever reason, doesn't sell green neons (in alabama at least). Autozone however does. I got my license plate neons (under my seats) from there for less than streetglow sold them (and that's even w/out S&H). I've seen mini neons at both places if i'm not mistaken.
However, i think generally, they are "cigarrette lighter neons", that do not come w/ 2 wires (if you want to hook it to a switch).
My license plate neons were 2-wire neons- this way i could hide the wires and run them to my switch. that's harder to do w/ cig. ligher neons.
good luck,
-J
Old 12-09-2002, 10:31 PM

wal mart and auto zone sell them for soo much less and they are the same thing

to install a neon with a cig lighter simply solder a wire to the tip of the cig adapter (hot / +) and solder a wire to one of the side clips on the cig adapter (ground / - )

Make sure you use plenty of masking tape and run an inline fuse, a short really messes everything up!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by MeefZ28
Walmart, for whatever reason, doesn't sell green neons (in alabama at least). Autozone however does. I got my license plate neons (under my seats) from there for less than streetglow sold them (and that's even w/out S&H). I've seen mini neons at both places if i'm not mistaken.
However, i think generally, they are "cigarrette lighter neons", that do not come w/ 2 wires (if you want to hook it to a switch).
My license plate neons were 2-wire neons- this way i could hide the wires and run them to my switch. that's harder to do w/ cig. ligher neons.
good luck,
-J
That is why you cut off the cig plug and use it as a 2 wire hook up lol. It should say that in the manual when you buy them. I like Street Glow for several reasons,

1. They have the best transformers,
2. Lifetime warranty that cannot be beaten.
3. And from what I can tell their neon's are the brightest of the brightest.

But then again these are my opinions so go with what ever you want and happy glowing.

Quick Reply: Some more neons are on the way for Xmas.