Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Post a pic of the most amazing 4th gen you've seen

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Z28SORR
Maybe, because it's god awful ugly. Most people try to make the front look smaller not bigger! This thing looks huge!!!! The front wheels even look bigger then the back, the side skirt doesn't match the front (not low enough), and the panel gaps are all hodge podge.
Of course it could just be the picture?
+1, it looks fugly to me as well.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:24 PM

+2, things don't flow right on it. The removal of the blinkers strikes me as ridiculous and the car looks unfinished in that pic. Why mold the front bumper and not the side ground effects? Looks awful together. Could be made to look nice, but as it stands in that pic at least, it looks unfinished and awful.

Oh, and the hood looks bad. It appears a different color of silver or the metallic isn't facing the right way or whatever. Can we say paint blending?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned

I think it's a carbon fiber hood, actually.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:46 PM

In that case. Even worse.

A carbon fiber hood is the quickest, easiest way to draw attention away from all of your hard work at making a custom front bumper. Should have had a matching silver hood. Don't know if that carbon fiber is painted or whatnot, but in my opinion, the hood shouldn't steal the attention from the bodywork.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by xxsaint69x
what was wrong with my FM5s

Nothin.Sorry hope you dint mind me using your pic. I had someone put those wheels on for me. And he found your pic. Nice ride.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:13 PM

I like this one a lot, dunno what it is. Simple Black on White and fairly common stripes, but looks clean.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 PM

I'd lose the side stripes, bowtie above the z28, blackout the turn signals and stop the stripes at the vent on the hood. then get some rims and it'd look good.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Z28SORR
Maybe, because it's god awful ugly. Most people try to make the front look smaller not bigger! This thing looks huge!!!! The front wheels even look bigger then the back, the side skirt doesn't match the front (not low enough), and the panel gaps are all hodge podge.
Of course it could just be the picture?
Wow, you're ignorant. Anyone who's been on this or any other site for more than a week knows that car and the creator... An A$$load of people have mods on their car NAMED after him ("Whistler" modded headlights)... You seem not to know so I'll answer the retarded accusations:

But first, who tries to make the front "look smaller"?!? I've never heard of that...

Ok, you obviously have the depth perception of a one eyed dog... The front bumper was the exact same height as the side skirts and the wheels aren't bigger in the front, you're just obviously not observant enough to realize the rear quarters are FLARED adding to what you are perceiving as the rear rims being smaller...

The hood was a hand laid carbon fiber hood that he designed and, whether you like it or not, was good enough for Harwood to steal and reproduce after the car won SLP Day in Orlando (pic was taken at the show, same day)...

Eventually the hood was painted body color...

It's also the only Targa topped Camaro I know of and is without a doubt the first on any of these message boards...

And to Brangeta... What did you want him to do, mold the side GFX into the door ?!?! In case you still can't picture it, THE DOOR WOULDN'T OPEN IF HE DID THAT....
Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5LITEREATER
Wow, you're ignorant. ....buncha hatin...
He may very well know whose car it is, but just because he's a highly renowned and very innovative modifier, not everybody has to like his work. I personally like the car, but I only liked the hood after it was painted. He didn't say the hood itself was ugly, just that it looked mismatched. When I said that the hood was CF, he just said that raw carbon fiber is unappealing to him, as it is to me. There's no need to go on a defensive tirade because he stated his opinions.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Hey, opinions are opinions. I know it's a lot of custom work, but I don't like all of it.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by 5LITEREATER
Wow, you're ignorant.
Hee, hee! Could be, but I doubt you would know.
Anyone who's been on this or any other site for more than a week knows that car and the creator
Now it's my turn, "Wow", that's a lot of people!
An A$$load of people have mods on their car NAMED after him ("Whistler" modded headlights)...:
Hmmm, must be an A$$load of people with ugly cars?? Funny you should have used that word, as I was originally going to say it was BUTT ugly!!
You seem not to know so I'll answer the retarded accusations:
Aw, thanks.
But first, who tries to make the front "look smaller"?!? I've never heard of that...
An A$$load!!!
Ok, you obviously have the depth perception of a one eyed dog... The front bumper was the exact same height as the side skirts and the wheels aren't bigger in the front, you're just obviously not observant enough to realize the rear quarters are FLARED adding to what you are perceiving as the rear rims being smaller...
The hood was a hand laid carbon fiber hood that he designed and, whether you like it or not, was good enough for Harwood to steal and reproduce after the car won SLP Day in Orlando (pic was taken at the show, same day)...
You weren't the one that took the picture, were you?
Eventually the hood was painted body color...
It's also the only Targa topped Camaro I know of and is without a doubt the first on any of these message boards...
And to Brangeta... What did you want him to do, mold the side GFX into the door ?!?! In case you still can't picture it, THE DOOR WOULDN'T OPEN IF HE DID THAT....
If not liking the picture of this car makes me ignorant, I'll be happy to remain that way!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Nevermind that ugly lil Z06 in the middle

Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Here ya go Brangeta, I'm not really sure you like this one or not though.....LOL

Robert
Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by rickjames343
I saw it on ls1tech and i think its

+1, one of my faves. 5.0LiterEater's car is exactly how I'd want to do a NBM Z/28. I almost regret having an SS because I can't run a cowl induction hood.

It's also that pic that led me to ditching my boring silver billet and running the black billet with the blue Bowtie. Totally changed the look of the car. As soon as I swap out for the gray SS badges instead of the stock red ones it'll be done for the body.

BTW, Whistler's car was posted page 3.

Quick Reply: Post a pic of the most amazing 4th gen you've seen