Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Photoshoot and Finished Dash Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM

Re: Photoshoot and Finished Dash Pictures

Workin for me here, Brent. Maybe the site was down for a minute. Try again. :P Btw, did you get my email?

Yeh, I get to be the slow car in the crowd, but s'all good I'd rather have my slow cruiser than a fast gas guzzler with the way gas prices are right now. I cruised out to Grand Rapids for a car show this past Saturday, it was a 2.5 hour drive each way, I could've made it there and back on one tank, but about 2/3rds the way back we stopped cause the buddy that was caravaning behind me in his z28 ran out of gas, even though we stopped and filled up before we left.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:01 PM

I can appreciate all the hard work that went into your car, but it's too much visual information for my brain to process
Old 04-11-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
Workin for me here, Brent. Maybe the site was down for a minute. Try again. :P Btw, did you get my email?

Yeh, I get to be the slow car in the crowd, but s'all good I'd rather have my slow cruiser than a fast gas guzzler with the way gas prices are right now. I cruised out to Grand Rapids for a car show this past Saturday, it was a 2.5 hour drive each way, I could've made it there and back on one tank, but about 2/3rds the way back we stopped cause the buddy that was caravaning behind me in his z28 ran out of gas, even though we stopped and filled up before we left.
Have you won anything at any car shows yet?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 PM

I posted in your last thread that I thought it was "over the top" but the dash reallllly caught me this time. I would love to have the glossy dash that you have fab'd up.
Now it's time to save for an LT1 swap.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by GT KILLER
Have you won anything at any car shows yet?
The first show I put my car in last year was at the end of the year, when it was the old style but all together (minus the carPC). It was a smaller show, but I won 3rd place in the Domestic category which was cool because last year I was going to the shows just to see everyone's cars and hang out, I really hadn't even thought of winning awards last year, i just loved the atmosphere and seeing what other people had done. This year I've only gone to one show so far over at a college. There were about 141 cars total, only three awards for the whole show -- Best Car, Best Truck, and Best Junker. Best Car went to an '87 Monte Carlo. ONLY taking into consideration how much work I put into detailing my car for the show with claybarring, polishing, multiple layers of zaino, cleaning the rims, etc, it was kinda upsetting to see some "off the street" car win the award, the paint wasn't in good condition, it wasn't modified at all and was 100% stock [and when I say modified, I mean it still had the original rusty muffler] so it was a bit upsetting. I didn't expect to win at that show, there were some SWEET 3rd gens that were drop dead gorgeous and clean as could be, not one single imperfection on the car, and I really wanted to see one of them win. For the most part, though, I'm not in it to win awards, I do the work to my car to have it look how I want and to look unique. I get a lot of recognition amongst others at the car shows where someone will come up and say they recognize my car from on here, LS1Tech, CarDomain, or any of the other sites that my car is posted up on, and to me just the fact that they recognize my car out of the rest of the ones there, that's my gratification that what I'm doing pays off -- even if they only recognize it because they didn't like it when they saw it. I don't have to have the fastest car, as long as my car is unique enough that it's recognizable when it's parked at a show... that makes me happy.

Last edited by meissen; 04-12-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:22 PM

Looking GREAT! I am also impressed more by this thread than the other, GOOD job!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:07 PM

That seems to be the general consensus, apparently sneak peaks REALLY don't work compared to seeing the final pictures. Thanks for the props, though, I appreciate it!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:14 PM

Why didn't you paint red the bottom on the passenger side "end cap" of the dash?
Old 04-14-2006, 05:31 PM

i like all the hard work you put into your car , but its not to my liking.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 5LITEREATER
Why didn't you paint red the bottom on the passenger side "end cap" of the dash?
I was tempted to, but then I thought it'd look weird. It's been bugging me though, I don't like that it's not the same on both sides... originally my idea was to paint the driver's side kickpanel to mimmick the black "vertical stripe" that the passenger side has, but I'm not sure.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
I was tempted to, but then I thought it'd look weird. It's been bugging me though, I don't like that it's not the same on both sides... originally my idea was to paint the driver's side kickpanel to mimmick the black "vertical stripe" that the passenger side has, but I'm not sure.

Good idea! I'd MAKE SURE I notched the plastic though and make it look like there is a factory seperation there, not just a paint line.

In other words just create a little indent/ridge/canyon thing there to look like it's a factory line.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Of course, can't just have some random line going down the center of it.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:17 PM

set your car apart and i like that...not how i would have done it but guess what....its not my car. good job
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 AM

hey meissenation,

Car looks smokin, I've got an LCD too, but yours is much bigger, Im jealous I like the black rims, and respect the red black color scheme, but I think your bitch needs to be a little more shiney, and I think chrome wheels and badges would do your car justice I'm from toronto and I'll be at the camaro superfest in MI, hope to see you there. Nice job over all Take care.