Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Overaly

Old 08-11-2003, 10:50 AM

Overaly

Just did my white face gauge overlay from procarparts.com.. Overall it is not bad. I own a 1997 and always loved white face gauges. Other brands are a lot better, but for the price and support procarparts has my business.. It took 30 minutes to install and it is an honest 30 not it took 30 minutes, but really 2 hours. I am now going to order their carbon fiber outline for it for 19.95… Also I got the glow not reversed and it is BRIGHT… WOW…. My dash now glares bright…

Also pulling the needles off is a touchy business… Didn’t break anything, but the speedo is like 3MPH off at 50, I am 47…. Do not know how accurate it was to begin with though..
Old 08-11-2003, 01:14 PM

I installed that same overlay on mine and didnt take off the needles. You just carefully slip the needles into the holes as you slide the overlay onto the gauges. The little black needle stops just pop out. You will have to pull them out before doing this.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:39 PM

How do the overlays apply?? Do they just stay there or is their two sided tape on the back of the overlay??
Old 08-11-2003, 08:58 PM

There is no two sided tape on the overlay. Some guys put some on themselves. I guess it cant hurt. I didnt and havent had any problems .When you put the overlay on, make sure it is not touching any of the needles or else they will stick. Mine just lay over the existing gauges. These glow gauges look great by the way. My GF made me put them in her BMW Z3 after she saw mine. Let me tell you, that was allot harder but they look great.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:03 AM

used a fork to removethe needeles
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by VegasZ
I installed that same overlay on mine and didnt take off the needles. You just carefully slip the needles into the holes as you slide the overlay onto the gauges. The little black needle stops just pop out. You will have to pull them out before doing this.
Take the needles off. It looks 100 times better. Mine didnt line up with the factory and it looked crappy. Just mark them and you will be fine. I Just have to get my fuel gauge lined up. Its way off.