Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Offset/Backspacing Question...please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 04:28 PM

Offset/Backspacing Question...please help!

well, i finally found some rims i would like to go with...they are Eagle 212's, anyway, would these be the correct ones to get?

SIZE PATTERN OFFSET BSM LUG CAP LOAD WT

18 x 8 5 on 4.75 +27mm 5 1/2" ACORN 3126-062100lb 24lb

Will this offset and backspacing fit like stock on my car? i do not want rims that stick out or in thanks if you can help!

steve
Old 10-18-2002, 04:30 PM

http://www.fbody.com/members/red95bi...dbirdeagle.jpg

there is a quick photoshop i did of these rims....what does everybody think? you will have to cut and paste the link for it to work...

steve

Last edited by red95bird; 10-18-2002 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:24 PM

anybody ?????
Old 10-19-2002, 01:03 AM

Those are some good looking wheels, but they are the wrong backspacing I believe. You need around a 7" backspacing to work. You could get 1 1/2" spacers, but then you would be adding to the cost of the wheels.

-Shawn
Old 10-19-2002, 03:46 AM

I hate to tell you this but those wheels are for fwd cars only. Go to eaglewheels.com and click "fwd cars" and that is where you will find those wheels.F-bods require more backspacing and they are no where near close to being hubcentric,so you can not machine the mounting pad to fit. Those wheels will never fit your car properly.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by SSpyder
I hate to tell you this but those wheels are for fwd cars only. Go to eaglewheels.com and click "fwd cars" and that is where you will find those wheels.F-bods require more backspacing and they are no where near close to being hubcentric,so you can not machine the mounting pad to fit. Those wheels will never fit your car properly.
These are mostly put on Trucks...not FWD cars....

unfortunately i guess they wont work...back to trying to find an affordable wheel that looks good :\

thanks for the replies
Old 10-19-2002, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by red95bird
These are mostly put on Trucks...not FWD cars....

unfortunately i guess they wont work...back to trying to find an affordable wheel that looks good :\

thanks for the replies
OOps, got my threads and fbod sites mixed up. That was a response ment for a guy that wanted type 77 wheels.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:48 AM

if i'm not mistaken...the Eagle 077 is on NUMEROUS Camaros and Firebirds i've never heard of problems putting that wheel on, and in fact, 4th gens have FWD offsets from what i understand.

i could be wrong...

so will these wheels fit my car or not? (the 212's)
Old 10-19-2002, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by TA25th
Those are some good looking wheels, but they are the wrong backspacing I believe. You need around a 7" backspacing to work. You could get 1 1/2" spacers, but then you would be adding to the cost of the wheels.

-Shawn
I'll quote myself again on this one. They will fit if you get spacers to make them the correct backspacing, or, if you can get the wheels in a 7" backspacing you should be OK too. The backspacing I'm figuring is a very close guess, but you may need it to be + or - 1/2", depending on tire sizes and height of your car.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:51 AM

Originally posted by red95bird
if i'm not mistaken...the Eagle 077 is on NUMEROUS Camaros and Firebirds i've never heard of problems putting that wheel on, and in fact, 4th gens have FWD offsets from what i understand.

i could be wrong...

so will these wheels fit my car or not? (the 212's)
Uh, no. Camaros don't have fwd offsets. FWD and RWD is completely different,particularly a car with a soldid rear axle.If your willing to ride with spacers and or redrill the mounting pads then I guess you can put any wheel on any car. I don't like that "spacer" look and I don't think its safe. You will have to get long wheel studs and have the entire weight of the wheel on those studs. You will eventually if not immediatly get vibration problems at higher speed. Some people are putting BMW fitment wheels on their Camaros because the bolt cirlcle is just 2mm off. I guess you get the wheels on but again I would not do it. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:08 AM

The spacers you can get from http://www.skulte.com (or other places sell them as well...) are:

"These adapters bolt onto the hub, and your rim then bolts to the adapter. This method of attachment is just as strong as the original bolt-on rim, and much stronger than the slip on spacers. If you need a spacer thicker than 1/2", then these bolt-on adapters are your only choice, other than getting different offset rims. The adapters are fabricated from a 6.25" diameter billet of 6061-T6 aluminum. The billet is then CNC machined for precise tolerances and a perfect fit. Heavy Duty M12x1.50 studs are pressed into the adapter for a unrivalled strength. Chrome lugnuts are included with the adapter pair."

They bolt on to your hub for a solid mount, so you do not have to get longer wheel studs, you won't have vibration issues, and they are as strong as mounting the wheels directly on the hubs.

I have used a set of these to mount some FWD Lexani wheels on a 96 GMC truck, and carried over a thousand pounds in the bed of my truck with no problems.

As long as you get this bolt on type spacer, you will not have any strength or vibration issues to deal with.

-Shawn