Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Now that the interior is done.....what paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Now that the interior is done.....what paint?

15 years ago I had to sell the car....2 years ago I bought it back with a blown motor....Still a work in process but what a great feeling.

So far.... installed a re-manufactured stock cubed engine, added Lloyd Elliot budget heads, 1.6 rr, 918 springs, and a small cam (crane 227). Also installed a GM re-manned tranny with a (don't laugh) TCI 3200 stall. Eliminated the egr, Air, smog, a/c and gutted the cat. I purchase but yet to install a Vortech with a 2.70 pulley.

New interior just finished (pics to follow).

Next is paint, So now, which one. I am down to three colors. Which one would you choose if it was your car? BTW this will be "show and go" so the paint will be show quality. Wheels finish will be polished/silver/machined with accent colors of the body, I decided not to use the Y2K wheels I have. I plan to go with TSW Nurburgring wheels, but depending on finish quality of the car when it is near done I might step up to HRE. I am bumping my budget up to 20K.

Here are the choices......GM Cyber Gray, PPG Orange glow, and BMW Sapphire black.

HOW DO I POST PICS?

Last edited by Kalstar; 02-18-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Trying to post pics????How
Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Re: Now that the interior is done.....what paint?

To post pics -or upload them to your profile or something like photobucket and make a link to that photo/ page.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Administrator

"LT1 Based Engine Tech" if for engine topics only. Paint is best posted on the "Appearance" forum. I'll move the thread there for you.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:33 PM

I think the cyber grey is cool and would go well with polished hre style wheels. I used to work with a guy that had a shelby cobra replica in ppg orange glow and that color under the sun grabs your eye and makes you drool uncontrollably, you cant really lose with that color and the bmw sapphire black is nice but I'm pretty sure you've heard if you dont keep it clean it looks bad. I've had that color and it was way too much of a hassle because the car was a daily driver and had to be washed twice a week. If it was my car it would be either cyber grey or orange glow.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by lymlyt96
I think the cyber grey is cool and would go well with polished hre style wheels. I used to work with a guy that had a shelby cobra replica in ppg orange glow and that color under the sun grabs your eye and makes you drool uncontrollably, you cant really lose with that color and the bmw sapphire black is nice but I'm pretty sure you've heard if you dont keep it clean it looks bad. I've had that color and it was way too much of a hassle because the car was a daily driver and had to be washed twice a week. If it was my car it would be either cyber grey or orange glow.
Its a hard one. Do you think the orange will looked dated on this body style?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kalstar
Its a hard one. Do you think the orange will looked dated on this body style?
That's a good question I personally think that orange tone looks alot better on ls1's because there are more rounded corners for the metallic to stand out but as long as the quality of the paint is good that color is gonna be nice. But the few cyber grey camaros I've seen look real good it's a toss up break out the coin and start flippin my friend!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Thinking maybe the cyber gray for the Camaro and orange glow for the GTM. Man, I can't make up my mind!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM

I like all 3 colors but for me I would go with the cyber gray because I think it would be easy to maintain and less attention to Law enforcement lol