Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

New hood for you to hate on

Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 PM

Re: New hood for you to hate on

Well put Brent
Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 PM

Well put Brent
Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 PM

No sir, i don't like it.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
That was directed at you, not the thread's author. :P
you didn't get it.

Originally Posted by meissenation
Agreed. It's great knowing that there are still people out there that have enough ***** to do whatever they want to their own cars and not worry about what everyone else thinks. It's funny because most of the hate from the people on here are people with very minor appearance mods... maybe a different set of rims, MAYBE a different spoiler or a different hood, but nothing custom, nothing different. Go figure, minor mods that anyone could do but yet they dog on the custom mods that only a certain group of people on here do... Kind of reminds me of the quote "If you can't do it better yourself, sit down and shut up."

So, if I had the ***** to cut my hood in half, and make it open that way, and put gullwing doors on my car, and make my trunk open and spin around. Then I could put some smoke under my car for car shows, with mirrors, and 5" wide wheels that stick out past the fenders, with mudflaps strait out... and AND CURB FEELERS! Yea! F*ck yes. Then I could do stripes like your car (I'm getting giddy now)

No, sorry, I'll never do it, because I have the ***** to stand up and say you're a retard for doing this/for supporting this. As I've said before, EVERYBODY except socially inept people are going to bash you for this.

And I don't know if you're talking about nates car... but I know he didn't just buy custom rims, he has the whole WHEEL! And on all four corners no less. I see you still have your stock wheels, but are those rims aftermarket? Hrm, I'm glad you completely f*cked up the aerodynamics of your car without increasing performance.

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
No, that's not the problem. The problem you are having, Nate, is that other's don't share your same tastes. People are different and not everyone likes the same things... obviously. The people who do these radical mods to their cars look at your "blah" car and may also think "damn, that's ugly".

It works both ways. Be considerate and if you don't like it you can do it in such a way as to say you don't like it but do so in a respectful manner.

As for this, I respect you and your views brent. I respect the fact you have your opinion... now respect mine. This guy has posted before, long ago, and got bashed. Hell I think this may even be the guy who had the blue LT1 with the huge wing that everybody made fun of. Now he takes a car that this community views as a leader in the family (SOM SS) and DESTROYS it. Why? That's what I'm asking. And if you don't think this thread topic is a bair topic, then you sir are blatantly ignorant as to his intentions. If the thread title would have been "I have a new hood, please no opinions" I would have left it alone, and not said ****, except to my friends... we would snicker behind his back. However, if you open yourself up to good opinions, you're opening yourself up to bad ones too.

See, thus is the way of life. For instance, if I were a comedian, I wouldn't make everybody who didn't laugh at a joke leave the room. I'd be hypocritical and pretty retarded. So, take what I say with a grain of salt. Sometimes I word things in a way that pisses people off... but unfortunately it's life, it's being in public, it's a forum. A source of communication with thousands of actice members is going to have a few who dissagree. And those who dissagree shouldn't by ANY means be censored.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

Why the hell do you all care so much about what one guy decides to do with HIS car and HIS money? don't you have other things to do? a wife/girfriend/ to f**k, A Game to watch, a book to read? seriously the same people keep popping up b*tching like the "VIEW" about what this guy does to his car like the world honestly cares what they think. This guys doing what the hell he wants to do and more power to him for that. More Pics of your ride please Jun, I've been waiting to see the progress of your project.

BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE

TROLLS!!!

Last edited by Heatmaker; 09-19-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dick
:If the thread title would have been "I have a new hood, please no opinions" I would have left it alone, and not said ****, except to my friends... we would snicker behind his back. However, if you open yourself up to good opinions, you're opening yourself up to bad ones too.

See, thus is the way of life. For instance, if I were a comedian, I wouldn't make everybody who didn't laugh at a joke leave the room. I'd be hypocritical and pretty retarded. So, take what I say with a grain of salt. Sometimes I word things in a way that pisses people off... but unfortunately it's life, it's being in public, it's a forum. A source of communication with thousands of actice members is going to have a few who dissagree. And those who dissagree shouldn't by ANY means be censored.
okay first as far as your comedian analogy- its sucks and doesnt work. it isnt the people not laughing but the people making rowdy and rude coments about the comedian who are being asked to leave.

secondly there is a very great difference between criticism and plain out bashing. With criticism, you offer an opinion and input with it. So, say for example you dont like something, say it but then back it up with reasoning or suggestions on how to improve or what can be changed. by doing so you have "contributed" to the thread.

you just dont come out and say something sucks and tear into them on no grounds. thats severely immature and innapropriate and contributes nothing . grow up, if you dont like it either dont respond or actually express it in an adult way and contribute to the thread.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by kingman109
okay first as far as your comedian analogy- its sucks and doesnt work. it isnt the people not laughing but the people making rowdy and rude coments about the comedian who are being asked to leave.

secondly there is a very great difference between criticism and plain out bashing. With criticism, you offer an opinion and input with it. So, say for example you dont like something, say it but then back it up with reasoning or suggestions on how to improve or what can be changed. by doing so you have "contributed" to the thread.

you just dont come out and say something sucks and tear into them on no grounds. thats severely immature and innapropriate and contributes nothing . grow up, if you dont like it either dont respond or actually express it in an adult way and contribute to the thread.

It's obvious the guy (DICK) just created his Screen name to Troll and Get Attention. 90% of his post are either bashing someone or just plain silly sh*t. The guy needs a hobby offline.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:08 AM

You guys dont look much better than him when you resort to his tactics and do the same thing basiclly in this thread so I guess we all lose.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
You guys dont look much better than him when you resort to his tactics and do the same thing basiclly in this thread so I guess we all lose.

We're just tired of this stuff in the apearance that's all. Anytime someone does somethin out of the ordinary to an F-body... here comes the mob with thier torches and lynch ropes.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dick
No, sorry, I'll never do it, because I have the ***** to stand up and say you're a retard for doing this/for supporting this.
This is where you don't get it... you won't be calling people "retards" here in this forum. You can express your negative opinion in such a way as to not be an ***.

If you can't express your opinion in a "professional manner" then please go somewhere else. You're not welcome here if all you can do is rudely slam the other members.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:07 AM

Dick: If the comment about the rims and wheels was directed at me, grab a pair of glasses, the rims and wheels are not stock. If you want to do what you stated in your post, go for it. It's your car. Just like I've done with all the other out of the ordinary jobs on here, I'd give constructive criticism and give you the benefit of the doubt if you're doing a good job on the body work. I don't come into the Appearance forum to be a keyboard warrior and bash everyone that does something out of the ordinary, I try to contribute something to the threads I reply to. Whether it be sticking up for the author when the rest are being rude and flat out immature, giving constructive criticism to a custom job, or just giving information to a thread when I can... that's what I'm here to do, not sit in a forum to bash the very modifications that the forum is based around [read: Appearance Modifications]. Lastly, in the case of SOM SS.. who cares? This one SOM SS is not going to make a difference. If you want to flame someone for "ruining" a Camaro, go talk to the movie producers that use a Camaro in their movie and literally blow it up by the end. Atleast this guy, when he's finished, will be driving it around, taking it to shows, and enjoying his FBody.

Last edited by meissen; 09-19-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:08 AM
01Z

I think what set me off to post in this thread at all was the "sanity check" comment because it got personal.

My 95 is heavily modified and it was here on this board that I received my first personal insult over it. I made the mistake of posting a profile shot of my Harwood ram air hood because someone asked for pictures of aftermarket hoods. The picture included some vinyl graphic at the bottom of the fender that brought on a team to ridicule the car (and me). I considered the source(s) but the insults left me with an attitude when the hack and slash people DIS someones attempt to be original. Sometimes mods look bad or silly (to the beholder) but there are intelligent ways to express it without getting personal.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01Z
Sometimes mods look bad or silly (to the beholder) but there are intelligent ways to express it without getting personal.
Amen... that's another good way to put it. Thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Also remember what forum you are in... you are in the APPEARANCE forum. This is not the "show me pics of your stock blah look car" forum. This is the forum for people to post pics and talk about appearance related modifications... not stock looking cars.
Oh, I didn't realize that you're not really interested in appearance until you break through the stratosphere of import body kits and side skirts. Then you're a true connoisseur.

Probably should go change the forum list

Gaudy Appearance
Giant hoods, biplane spoilers, custom mods, Pep Boys accessories, etc.
NO TASTEFUL CARS CUZ U PEEPS R NOT HAVIN THE ***** 2 DO DIS YO
Old 09-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Right, because that's totally what Brent was getting at. An appearance mod is an appearance mod is an appearance mod, whether it be subtle or eye catching. It's still done for various reasons, but the biggest reason is to add what YOU like to YOUR car and to post up your results and give others ideas. Whether someone likes it or not, that's their own opinion, but it gives them no right to come into the thread and be close minded in the thread, bashing and making personal attacks about the car and the owner. A good rule of thumb, if you don't have something constructive to add to the thread, don't post a reply at all. The Lounge is one place to post whatever you want, but the Appearance forum should be constructive and helpful, not these bash-fest threads where you get a few elitists thinking they can belittle someone's mod just because they don't like it. Yeah, you get the random trolls that will post their negative comments and then leave the thread. Then you get the few that feel the urge to continuously come into the thread and egg the author on about how they feel about the mod... that's when the person is overstepping the lines and should remove themselves from the thread. Instead of this thread having any sort of quality responses about the hood, it's now turned into this bickering fest back and forth between all of us about what this forum is about. I'm done arguing about it, I know when to step out, and I've said my piece.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New hood for you to hate on