Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

New hood for you to hate on

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 02:55 PM

Re: New hood for you to hate on

It's amazing the moderators let trolls like you continue posting.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
I know, especially since all he does is start threads with "for you to hate on" in every title. He's obviously trolling.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:29 PM

The first time I saw that hood I didn't like it but its sort of growing on me now... I still wouldn't put it on my car but I don't think its ricey either.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:05 PM

The reason he starts a thread like that is because he does get alot of hate about his car. I personally like seeing it and what all he has done
Old 09-17-2006, 10:07 PM

not willing to read every post to this one but.....

DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU? HIGH?

that hood is a disaster...

Just stop, ok?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
I know, especially since all he does is start threads with "for you to hate on" in every title. He's obviously trolling.
That was directed at you, not the thread's author. :P
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lt1 and Ls1
The reason he starts a thread like that is because he does get alot of hate about his car. I personally like seeing it and what all he has done
Agreed. It's great knowing that there are still people out there that have enough ***** to do whatever they want to their own cars and not worry about what everyone else thinks. It's funny because most of the hate from the people on here are people with very minor appearance mods... maybe a different set of rims, MAYBE a different spoiler or a different hood, but nothing custom, nothing different. Go figure, minor mods that anyone could do but yet they dog on the custom mods that only a certain group of people on here do... Kind of reminds me of the quote "If you can't do it better yourself, sit down and shut up."
Old 09-18-2006, 03:53 PM

That was directed at you, not the thread's author. :P
The best part about being subtle is that some people won't see it.
Go figure, minor mods that anyone could do but yet they dog on the custom mods that only a certain group of people on here do... Kind of reminds me of the quote "If you can't do it better yourself, sit down and shut up."
You kids think putting a never ending array of ugly appearance mods on a car is "better", that's the problem.

Ever heard of doing things in moderation? In your mind, people that don't rip to shreds the tasteful appearance of a car that designers spent a lot of time on; are simply not doing it because they can't.

COULD I ugly my car up? Sure. COULD I make my car look like it was made in Japan? There's a difference between can't and won't.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

New Progress Pics please!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

You kids think putting a never ending array of ugly appearance mods on a car is "better", that's the problem.
No, that's not the problem. The problem you are having, Nate, is that other's don't share your same tastes. People are different and not everyone likes the same things... obviously. The people who do these radical mods to their cars look at your "blah" car and may also think "damn, that's ugly".

It works both ways. Be considerate and if you don't like it you can do it in such a way as to say you don't like it but do so in a respectful manner.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
It works both ways. Be considerate and if you don't like it you can do it in such a way as to say you don't like it but do so in a respectful manner.
I don't like it.

I'm almost more annoyed with the way he enjoys starting flame bait posts. I never "hated" on his car once, I actually never knew he existed until recently... But his recent series of "for you to hate on" threads is pretty stupid because he's openly inviting the negative comments.

He wants the opinions, he's getting them. And all the people that think Camaros 'look ugly' probably should be driving Civics, as the trend in body kits and spoilers around here seem to dictate.

Last edited by kick Z tail out; 09-18-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

I've been watching it but have been a little more forgiving on this one because, as has been mentioned, the thread started basically knows people are not going to like it for the most part and you can tell this by the thread title.

However, this still doesn't give some of the "right" to be rude and disrespectful. Also remember what forum you are in... you are in the APPEARANCE forum. This is not the "show me pics of your stock blah look car" forum. This is the forum for people to post pics and talk about appearance related modifications... not stock looking cars.

So, please guys, feel free to post your opinions but you need to do so in a tasteful manner. If you can't do this and feel the need to be sarcastic and rude then DO NOT POST. It's really quite simple
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

I don't like it.

I'm almost more annoyed with the way he enjoys starting flame bait posts. I never "hated" on his car once, I actually never knew he existed until recently... But his recent series of "for you to hate on" threads is pretty stupid because he's openly inviting the negative comments.

He wants the opinions, he's getting them.
I don't see this as a "flame bait post". He posted "Got rid of the carbonfiber hood, so tell me how you feel about this one the fitment is horrible but I can make it work." and then included some pics. His title I took as him anticipating many people probably not liking it. Still though, I don't see him asking for people to be rude.

Like I said, it's perfectly acceptable for people to post their negative opinions about his car but I don't want to see this being done in a distasteful way. There are a 1,000 ways for a person to say they don't like the car without being rude about it.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:45 PM

Glad to see your input in here, Brent.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Glad to see your input in here, Brent.
x2 Oh,and I bought the front bumper from him for that kit so I guess I will be the next target.I will also be getting the same hood.

Last edited by ZRAPTOR; 09-18-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: New hood for you to hate on