new headliner referal - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

new headliner referal

hi, and thanks in advance for any advice. this is my 2nd post, the first one was in F-body tech. probably the wrong place for this, so I am relisting here. I have a 1996 firebird with T-tops. I want to replace headliner and the sun visors. the color is graphite. I got samples from both Stock Interiors and Classic Industries. they are ok but not great like OEM. they both use a ABS base with the material glued to it. have you guys used these abs headliners, and do they fit and look nice? I would like to keep it looking as stock as reasonable. so have you guys bought from these companies, or someone else you would refer me to?
scottpdx2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Re: new headliner referal

Probably doesn't matter where you post.... not a lot of people left on this site. Maybe a 1/2-dozen die hard LT1 owners trying to keep the site going, helping mostly newer owners who have issues with their 20+ year old vehicles. "General......" gets more traffic than most of the specialty forums, and we've loosened up what we allow to be posted there. The "Appearance" crew seems to have departed.

I'll be interested in seeing any responses you get. My t-top headliner is sagging, but replacement is going to be a challenge, given the roll bar that is right up against the roof.
Injuneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #3

Have you contacted a local auto trim shop? I've had several headliners recovered with new material after stripping the original base. I think it cost me $80-$100 which included removal and installation.
peterpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #4

that sounds real reasonable. I will look into that. thanks peterpar. if I can find a professional around here to do it all for $100 I will be all over that.
scottpdx2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headliner, sun visors