Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Angry My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

I was about to go to work this morning and saw that my door was popped open a little bit. When I got closer I saw that someone stole my $850 DVD/CD in dash 7" touch screen Clarion. Ahhhhh this **** makes me so mad. The only good thing about this whole thing is they didnt rip up my interior getting it out or break anything getting in. I called the cops and filed a report and they lifted some good prints off the window so I guess we'll see what happens. Im hoping that I can get my insurance company to pay for it. Does anyone know if the deductable applys to stolen items or is that just for damage?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Maro98
I was about to go to work this morning and saw that my door was popped open a little bit. When I got closer I saw that someone stole my $850 DVD/CD in dash 7" touch screen Clarion. Ahhhhh this **** makes me so mad. The only good thing about this whole thing is they didnt rip up my interior getting it out or break anything getting in. I called the cops and filed a report and they lifted some good prints off the window so I guess we'll see what happens. Im hoping that I can get my insurance company to pay for it. Does anyone know if the deductable applys to stolen items or is that just for damage?
it should pay for the items since they are "attatched" to the car
it works that way with subs anyways
do u have full coverage. or liability and comp at least? if so - yes, it should cover it
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

depends on your insurance.....

years ago I go outside x-mas morning and my hatch was open on my 3rd gen.......had 2-12's in the back, 2 amps, deck....all gone and they wiped it down, no prints

I know how you feel I was PISSED.......you got your recipe for the deck..if so insurance should take care of it.
I thought most people with theft coverage it was only like a $50 deductable, not sure
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by reamo04
it should pay for the items since they are "attatched" to the car
it works that way with subs anyways
do u have full coverage. or liability and comp at least? if so - yes, it should cover it
Yeah I have full coverage but thats all I know because it is in my dads name (cheaper insurance) ill find out everything tommorow when we call the company.

Originally Posted by mdacton
depends on your insurance.....

years ago I go outside x-mas morning and my hatch was open on my 3rd gen.......had 2-12's in the back, 2 amps, deck....all gone and they wiped it down, no prints

I know how you feel I was PISSED.......you got your recipe for the deck..if so insurance should take care of it.
I thought most people with theft coverage it was only like a $50 deductable, not sure
Yeah I have the receipt I bought it new on ebay so I have it on my computer.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM

My wifes car was broken into last week and anything that was stolen from the car that was not there from factory, would be covered under home owner's insurance. That is through Farm Bureau though, yours may be different.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM

Thats too bad. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Up here the deductible takes care of all that stuff, but they take into account how old the stuff is and put a depreciation value on it.

At least the cops there are doing something for you, here they didn't do anything. I actually found out who took my stuff and gave them the name and still they did nothing. Good luck with it.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
JAB

My sister's car was broken into and when she read through her policy more closely it only covers stock equipment. It said all aftermarket unless submitted and approved by the ins. company is not covered.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by 96camaro6
At least the cops there are doing something for you, here they didn't do anything. I actually found out who took my stuff and gave them the name and still they did nothing. Good luck with it.
Yeah, thats about how it usually goes.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96camaro6
Up here the deductible takes care of all that stuff, but they take into account how old the stuff is and put a depreciation value on it.

same thing happened to me....cops didn't do ****

This was a long time ago, but I did some street justice
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM

I might have just gotten very lucky. I actually got a letter from my insurance company 4 days ago that I never really looked over since my insurance was just renewed. This is what one of the paragraphs says.

Your new personal auto policy has been broadened coverages and benefits to include:

An aditional equiptment coverage provision under part D - Coverage for damage to your auto has been added so that we will pay for loss to additional equiptment that is permanentley installed, but not originally installed by the manufacturer or factory, limited to $1,000, at no aditional cost to you. In addition to the base coverage of $1,000 provided, you have the option to purchase additional equiptment coverage in excess of the limit at an aditional premium.

Lol what are the chances of my policy changing 2 days before my car gets violated so that I am now covered. We called them today and they told us to call back tommorrow and they will look up our policy and let us know what exactly will happen. Im hoping for the best, ill let everyone know when I find out.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 AM

They'll probably assume it's fraud now... that you purposely got it 'stolen' just to snag an extra $800 head unit.

Good luck...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Sorry to hear about this. The same thing happened to my girlfriends car very yesterday, except they did bust up the dashboard trying to get the equipment out.

I hope everything works out for ya.