Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Just showing off

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Just showing off

This will be my first time ever posting pictures of my car on here. I have alot of exterior mods that will be added within the next year so I cant let too much out of the bag, but basicly I want my car to have a high end luxury look to it, like an Aston Martin. In other words, different but tastfully done. Oh an yes that spoiler will be removed, the car came with it and I'd rather have it there then look at holes in the original spoiler. lol Also I wanted to get some opinions on my rims, they are C6 black chrome. 18 in the front and 20 in the back. I realy dont like the tires because the rear is a 25 sidewall and the front is a 35, I notice it more then most people but it bothers me so I'm thinking of going with 30 for each. I want the rear tire to look larger and I dont mind if the car sits lower in the front. Also I'll be adding air suspension next month, so that should hopefully make the ride smoother. Anyway Hope you like it so far.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:34 PM

Not bad. Need some more side shots. And yeah get rid of that big spoiler.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 PM

Is it just the camera, or did you do something different with the tail lights?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 PM

No, that was caused by the camera flash. Looks cool though. I have alot of ideas as to what I'm going to do with the tail lights but I havent decided on one yet. I'm definatly going to switch to LED bulbs though, and If I can find the right kind to work with a sequential setup I will probably go that route.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM

You might just change the sidewall on the rears to 30. Might be less noticable. Oh, and dual spoiler FTW

yeah, that is terrible looking. Resembles the spoiler of a supra or something. Glad to see you want it gone as well.

Those wheels look really nice. I would keep the black chrome.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Yea, there is only one high rise spoiler I like and its the version that replaces the original wing and has an LED third brake light that goes across it, unlike the RK sport version that you use the old stock third brake light. Heres that profile picture per request. You can see the sidewall difference alot. And to think I paid $500 each for those rear tires, haha that was more then the 1 rim itself. Maybe I can get someone to buy them off of me. They still have more then 70% tread.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM

where did you get your wheels? And how much did they cost?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM

I bought them on ebay last year and they were $1500, thats including the shipping, they came from california.

To add a little more to this post. My next mod will be an interior one, I bought a VSD Concept heads up display. I'm just waiting for my new dashpad to arrive and then I'm going to cut a square section out to drop the unit in that space, then cover the pad with leather. Incase it cracks again

I will be sure to post pictures of the finished product.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 PM

Gunmetal wheels on that car would be awesome!..

Good lord, what wax do you use!?! It' soo ShinEy!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM

I almost went with C5 gun metal rims, I had my heart set on them for a very long time, then when the week came that I was going to buy them I was searching ebay and I came across the black chrome, it was love at first site, I had to have them, even if they cost twice as much as the others I wanted before. Also they are more "Shiney" So that would match the car better anyway, lol, oh and I just use high end turtle wax. The car was recently polished with a clay bar though, that could be why. Those things do wonders for a paint job.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM

looks sweet man. what kinda spoiler you planning on and got ideas for a hood? im loving the wheels and clean look
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Can you elaborate more on the HUD install?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 PM

This is the hood I'm going with.

I have a mod I will be adding to that also. Don't want to say now, incase someone tries stealing my idea, lol. As for the spoiler I had thought about an this one.

Or this one.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 PM

Sorry; now about the HUD. My moms grand prix has a HUD in it and I love it. I did alot of research on trying to convert one of those to work but I found it to be impossible because the unit is so large and sits deep into the dash, wont work on 4th gens. Then I came across the VSD as being a universal kit, only thing I dont like is the fact that it looks aftermarket sitting on top of the dash. This unit is thin enough though, to cut a section out of the dash pad, and recess it in there. Then I can clean off the edges by covering the pad in leather and sewing a border around the display screen. Anything else you want me to explain?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by KILMERKARZ
Sorry; now about the HUD. My moms grand prix has a HUD in it and I love it. I did alot of research on trying to convert one of those to work but I found it to be impossible because the unit is so large and sits deep into the dash, wont work on 4th gens. Then I came across the VSD as being a universal kit, only thing I dont like is the fact that it looks aftermarket sitting on top of the dash. This unit is thin enough though, to cut a section out of the dash pad, and recess it in there. Then I can clean off the edges by covering the pad in leather and sewing a border around the display screen. Anything else you want me to explain?
Car looks nice. What is a VSD, is that similar to a HUD?

Quick Reply: Just showing off