Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

LED Tail Light Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM

yeah they are i recently put in 20" strips to cover the whole bottom
Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 PM

I'm currently working on LED conversions for all the 4th gen tail lights and 3rd brake lights. It's taking me awhile to get everything worked out perfect and making everything as easy as possible to hook them up to the stock wiring of the car.

It also took awhile to get all the different style tail lights, had to do this since each style is different with making the panels and arranging the single LEDs. But, all in all it is soooo worth it.

The results i've had so far is absolutely amazing. I didn't expect them to come out this good.

They don't look ricey what so ever either. That was one of the major things with me is that I wanted to make sure they didn't look ricey or cheap.

I'll keep you guys updated with my progress and have pics posted shortly also.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 AM

ok so heres the deal guys, sorry i didnt respond for a while i forgot to subscribe haha. but any case, i changed things up a bit. things were set up with literally flexible led strips tapped into the blinker wires and stuck under the tail lights. i changed it a bit to something a little less out of place looking. i took 2 10" strips and 1 cut down ~7" strip and 3M taped them in the space between the hatch and the tail (aka berger panel) 1 on either side for the blink/brake lights, and third brake light in the middle. i have 2 get the video odff my camera but ive gottan nothing but compliments so far and although its not a factory look, if done properly, it looks EXTREMELY clean. any questions, just post. ALSO, for xmas im getting the LED Tail lights that you can find on ebay. black housing. ill post pics and videos after theyre in. should be interesting or cool, im not quite sure yet haha.