Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How to put 1st gen bowtie on billet grille

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Question How to put 1st gen bowtie on billet grille

hey guys i got a 69 camaro bowtie grille emblem and im wondering how to put it on the billet grille. do i drill holes in my stock grille for the studs then just put the plate and push nuts on j/w how you guys did it thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 AM

Your post kind of confuses me. You say "im wondering how to put it on the billet grille", then you say "do i drill holes in my stock grille". I dont mean to come off rude, but it is confusing what exactly you want to know. Well you will have a billet grille it would be after market and not stock on the car, and you would just weld the bowtie on I would imagine. If you want it on the stock bumper piece, you would have to drill and place the emblem on.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM

really a billet grille isnt stock wow i would have never guessed that since i orderd it and ive now owned 3, 4th gens c'mon dude seriously can someone be that stupid to not know the diff between a stock grille and a billet anyway the studs on the bowtie are super long i dont know if i should drill holes out on the stock grille to put the studs threw then the pushnuts or if i should grind them off and get some self threading nuts and a couple big washers and just attach it to the billet grille which is what i plan to do sorry to be rude man but anyone who doesnt know a billet grille isnt stock should be shot and deff not be allowed on this site ever but thanx for the 2 cents bro
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 PM

wow sorry for being rude man long day at work! i guess i could have specified a lil more
Old 01-14-2009, 06:57 PM

lmao very true! id go with the grinder and self thread studs that way if you ever want to take it off you wont have 6 holes in your stock grille I did the same thing ill post some pics of my car as soon as winter is over i hate michigan!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by silverbulletlt4
really a billet grille isnt stock wow i would have never guessed that since i orderd it and ive now owned 3, 4th gens c'mon dude seriously can someone be that stupid to not know the diff between a stock grille and a billet anyway the studs on the bowtie are super long i dont know if i should drill holes out on the stock grille to put the studs threw then the pushnuts or if i should grind them off and get some self threading nuts and a couple big washers and just attach it to the billet grille which is what i plan to do sorry to be rude man but anyone who doesnt know a billet grille isnt stock should be shot and deff not be allowed on this site ever but thanx for the 2 cents bro
Well this site is to help people that dont know much, you dont have to know a whole lot, since you were new I thought by posting that the billet grille not being stock would of helped you out. Remember this site is to learn and help each other out, thats what i did. Return the favor when you learn something .