Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How to kill the little seat belt guy light in dash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 08:26 AM

Some may already know this, but I have never seen it posted, I just kind of figured it out on my own...

If the little seat belt light on the dash bothers you (the red one by the speedo) you can easily fix the problem...how you get to it is for you to figure out, but you can just take apart the connection behind the seat belt latch coming out of the floor (at the right side of the seat.) That fixes it, no more little guy, no more little red light to bother me.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Banned

mine goes away after a lil bit of driving
Old 12-02-2002, 08:52 AM

Mine goes away after I put my seat belt on.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Loonies
Mine goes away after I put my seat belt on.
Thats strange....mine does too!!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Easy way to kill him..... Have an accident. He will die because he isn't wearing his seat belt......
Old 12-02-2002, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Injuneer
Easy way to kill him..... Have an accident. He will die because he isn't wearing his seat belt......
My brother died because he WAS wearing his seatbelt...
Old 12-02-2002, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
My brother died because he WAS wearing his seatbelt...
that really sux but many many many more people die by not wearing them. my grandmother was an emergency room nurse for a long time and shes seen it all...her words are that you're much better off wearing one.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 PM

OK, I'm not trying to start a debate here on whether it is better to wear a seat belt or not...I have saw the studies, and I do in fact wear mine sometimes...but, when I don't wear it, the little light bothered me, so I figured this out, and just wanted to post it so others would know about it. If you too go without wearing your seatbelt sometimes, and the light bothers you, this is how you take care of it...if you just want to argue any other points (e.g. "Just buckle your seatbelt"...etc) then start another thread, becuase this is about disconnecting some wires and getting the light to go off, not some other method. Thank You for flying Delta Airlines...
Old 12-02-2002, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
OK, I'm not trying to start a debate here on whether it is better to wear a seat belt or not...I have saw the studies, and I do in fact wear mine sometimes...but, when I don't wear it, the little light bothered me, so I figured this out, and just wanted to post it so others would know about it. If you too go without wearing your seatbelt sometimes, and the light bothers you, this is how you take care of it...if you just want to argue any other points (e.g. "Just buckle your seatbelt"...etc) then start another thread, becuase this is about disconnecting some wires and getting the light to go off, not some other method. Thank You for flying Delta Airlines...

I've had mine un-plugged for close to 3 years now... I know some see it as a bad habit but I very rarely wear my seat belt. I guess it can go either way as to what would happen if you were in an accident... depends on the situation. I've heard of people being injured both because they were and were not wearing their belts.

But like he said... it wasn't for a debate. Just wanted to show how its done for those who are interested
Old 12-02-2002, 03:51 PM

mine also goes off after about 60 seconds of driving, what i need to do is take off the SRS light because i wanna put a monitor in the steering wheel. TO me seatbelt is important but airbags... i figure if im gonna crash im surely going to be doing 120-130mph so im gonna die anyways.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:45 PM

Food for thought:
This actually has a legitimate use. For those with 5 point harnesses, I bet that light will get annoying. Thanks for the info, I know it'll come to good use once I get my cage in over the winter.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:04 PM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=53896 Naughty people
Old 12-02-2002, 09:13 PM

Thumbs down

I had a head on crash with a guy who ran a red light when I was turning and the seat belt broke. It was no fun.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Birdie2000
Food for thought:
This actually has a legitimate use. For those with 5 point harnesses, I bet that light will get annoying. Thanks for the info, I know it'll come to good use once I get my cage in over the winter.
Interesting point.... I have 5-pt harness, and no stock seat belts (track only car), and the dash light NEVER comes on????? Never thought about it. Guess this was what the original post was about.

If you are converting to a 5-pt harness, and still using the car on the street, you might want to keep both. The 5-pt harnesses - I know for a fact on the Simpson - are not DOT certified, and hence not for use on public roads. A technicality, but a hardnose could ticket you for it in some states.

Fred