Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Flared fenders?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:57 AM

Flared fenders?????????

flared fenders are available for 98+ cars? where?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:16 PM

Re: Flared fenders?????????

LOL, man there is a post just like yours already in this section. But ill will still be nice and tell you NO!!!!! Nobody makes them and if you want them you have to ask a custom body shop to make you one. And just letting you know its very expensive and time consuming.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by IfryRice
LOL, man there is a post just like yours already in this section. But ill will still be nice and tell you NO!!!!! Nobody makes them and if you want them you have to ask a custom body shop to make you one. And just letting you know its very expensive and time consuming.

I was quoted by a body shop $250 per side to flare my fenders. He said he would cut the fender, weld in a piece of metal, shape it, and repaint it. This is to accomodate my 17x11 315's in the rear which get knicked up on the fenderlip.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 AM

250 per side is pretty damn good. But is that just for the flare or is that for paint and everything. I know when i do my body work and paint im hopeing to get it done.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Hawk
I was quoted by a body shop $250 per side to flare my fenders. He said he would cut the fender, weld in a piece of metal, shape it, and repaint it. This is to accomodate my 17x11 315's in the rear which get knicked up on the fenderlip.
if he quoted you that then he has no idea what hes doing these cars have sms plastic front fenders and sheet metal back. theres no way he can flair the fronts with out extensive work on a new mold and some mad fiberglassing skills. all in all it should cost around 3-7k to do ot total. and for it to look right they would have to mold the doors to match and that would cost another 7-10k and then it may still crack becuse of the sms our cars are made of has a expansion rate like nothing else.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

I don't think he ment the front... I flared my fenders... looks bad as ****... Meanest Z on the planet. All it took was time and patience and a good template. Cost me no more than 100 bucks in material and about 1month total. I started out with some card board... made a cool template... Cut it out of aluminum... shaped it... Riveted it on there... about 40 rivets each... applied the fiber glass... and molded it in to perfection. It's a hit or miss with a shop... because they can do it any way.. .since there is no one design... but I found out there are really two options. Option 1 was just flaring out the Tire well and making that looked flared... but it just didn't look right... so I ended up reshapping the entire rear Quarter panel.. so the entire side is flared out. Which is more of the GMMG ZL1 style design. Which I think method workes best, becasue the entire quarter is flared and not just around the well like on most cars.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
I don't think he ment the front... I flared my fenders... looks bad as ****... Meanest Z on the planet. All it took was time and patience and a good template. Cost me no more than 100 bucks in material and about 1month total. I started out with some card board... made a cool template... Cut it out of aluminum... shaped it... Riveted it on there... about 40 rivets each... applied the fiber glass... and molded it in to perfection. It's a hit or miss with a shop... because they can do it any way.. .since there is no one design... but I found out there are really two options. Option 1 was just flaring out the Tire well and making that looked flared... but it just didn't look right... so I ended up reshapping the entire rear Quarter panel.. so the entire side is flared out. Which is more of the GMMG ZL1 style design. Which I think method workes best, becasue the entire quarter is flared and not just around the well like on most cars.
Would you mind posting some pics of your car? I'm intrigued.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

ill send u a pic
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 PM

Yes i too would like to see some pics!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics as well ...
Old 03-02-2006, 03:34 PM

Pics!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:04 PM

yeah dude I meant the back, why would I want to flare the front you think I'm running 17x11 315's on the front, LOL
Old 03-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Im going to take some pictures... so you all can see and I'll post em up later on this evening.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:18 AM

yea get some pics up here...that would be awsome, seriously considering this.....
Old 03-03-2006, 06:58 PM

What happened to the pics we were gonna see last evening???

Quick Reply: Flared fenders?????????