Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Decals of the Non Ricey Variety

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 08:50 PM

Decals of the Non Ricey Variety

For some of you, this thread might border on ricey. But the thing is...

I DON'T CARE

Now that that's established, I saw a nice black Trans Am with ground effects on someone's website. Someone tastefully took small white decals of the brands they had in their car and applied them to the panel right behind the door of the car, going downward vertically. Lots of import guys do this, but the difference is that they mainly have stereo equipment manufacturers listed. I'm diggin this whole modding thing so far and I'm thinking of adding decals of the brands I have in my car, just to let the local ricers know that I'm modded. I get alot of races with ****ty cars because my car looks stock. Waste of tire tread.

The problem is, no-one makes SLP, MSD, K&N, etc. type decals in one single color. Together they make for an ugly rainbow-looking effect. I was wondering if Firebat or somebody could make some decals that will appear as black letters on the car with a few manufacturer's names. And formatted right, as well. E.g: SLP and not plain SLP.

Any constructive posts are welcome
Old 12-16-2002, 09:17 PM

SLP has a chrome badge what about that?
Old 12-16-2002, 11:39 PM

Honestly... to each his own. So do what makes you happy.

Just remember that by advertising for free, you are taking away sponsorship opportunities from some of us.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:38 AM

Question

Sponsorship opportunities? Sorry, it's 4 AM and I'm a little disconnected from myself.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:56 AM

You can make this stickers in prety much any graphic shops (the once that do windows decorations). I'm sure by now they all have the templates for it. and if they don't have once of them they can make it.
Funny thing is for some people in here the whole side of the car wouldn't be enough to put all they have in their car
Old 12-17-2002, 10:38 AM

I don't like to put decals on my car to advertise what I have because it invites thieves.I know this from the past when I had all my stereo equipment stolen out of my 85 Z.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by Grasshopper95Z
Sponsorship opportunities? Sorry, it's 4 AM and I'm a little disconnected from myself.
Stickers are not mean to in itimidate or impress other racers. They are meant to advertise. If your car is fast, sounds good, looks good, and you plaster it with stickers, with no reimbursment that is like paying for the product twice, because now you are advertising for them for free.

Anyways, it isn't really ricey if indeed you only list aftermarket parts you ACTUALLY HAVE INSTALLED. Again if you feel like doing it, then do it you can always take them off.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:13 PM

Oh I see. Well I just used Microsoft Paint (yes yes I know, I'm very advanced) to make a rough idea of what the car would look like with them on. I thought it looked pretty cool and not ricey at all.

Also, I don't mean for them to "scare" anybody, but I suppose you could take it as intimidation. I just want all the damn Hondas I come across to stop revving and trying pathetically to race.

And about some people not being able to fit them all on a car, that's not me and will never be me.

Last thing, anyone remember the site that Trans Am I was talking about is on?
Old 12-18-2002, 06:13 PM

i don't the stickers would make a differnece, everybody already knows a stock f-bod could blow the roof off any honda anyway but I gues theydon't because they're ricers. Just keep beating the pants of them, it;s so fun anyway, maximas are my favorite. man what a bunch of clowns. if your going to do it I suggst to put the stickers on the windows or along the gfx, any other place would be too ricey. Usally when you see a modded car you can tell imeditly anyway. or better yet just make a sign that says ge real looser and display it everytime a ricer revs.

Last edited by WhoBetter?; 12-18-2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Grasshopper95Z
Oh I see. Well I just used Microsoft Paint (yes yes I know, I'm very advanced)
Watch out for that program, it can get tricky at times!