Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

c5 tail light panel

Old 03-18-2004, 09:30 PM

Wow that looks good, nice job lownslocamaro You seem to be pretty good at custom fabbing stuff. Do you think you could make something like the C6 Headlights that fits in the pocket on LT1 cars?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:34 PM

It all comes down to the money, eh? Will I'm a little hesitant to set a price until I have an actual product. I don't want to mislead anyone here, this is a plug, it still needs to be finished, surfaced, molded, and than production. All of which should be quick(like 30 days maybe) as I am fully equipped, but I don't want to get ahead of myself or annoy a bunch of people with false promises.

Also, to be clear, this piece will fit on the car with no modification, but, if you want the recessed look, the inner panel behind the vette panel needs to be modified severly, like cutting a little, not a lot. If you want them to be flush with the outside, the lights will be shimmed and you will be set with only hammer modifications.

I decided to take on this project when I saw the Whistler panel and did not like some of the details, dont get me wrong, its all an opinion and his panel looked very good, but I didn't like how it meets with the trunk or the flush taillight look. I'll post some pics on Tuesday with the panel surfaced and mounted.

Bigdreamz, sounds like an interesting idea but I'd better stick to one thing at a time.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:37 PM

cool thinks for explaning the extra piece. like do you mean the flat look will need hammer and in a little will need cutting? but i do want one. I will wait 2 months if i have too i have waited over a year now i believe. thanks kenny
Old 03-18-2004, 09:45 PM

Well, this is a new product and thus far, it appears that if you want the lights flat, the outside lights need a little hammering of the trunk panel to fit the big c5 lights, if you want them recessed, cutting will probably be required, mine will be recessed, there is no other look for me, but thats my opinion.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by lownslocamaro
Well, this is a new product and thus far, it appears that if you want the lights flat, the outside lights need a little hammering of the trunk panel to fit the big c5 lights, if you want them recessed, cutting will probably be required, mine will be recessed, there is no other look for me, but thats my opinion.
ok i get it now......also do you have a ballpark estimate how long after you finsih the orignal before they are in production? Please if you for some reason decide that you will now longer be doing it(hopefully you go through with it ) let us know instead of just leaving us hanging like some people wont say any names
Old 03-18-2004, 09:55 PM

looks good! and i like the idea for the council thingy! also peoples opionions wanted... would this pannel look best body color, or berger style? I think body color would probly look best, but anyone else have input?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:57 PM

My email blows!!!!

I still haven't got em

anyway Looks good man!

But you better get it in production or all the pissed people will be off whistler and on you

J/K
Old 03-18-2004, 10:04 PM

Timeline, this is in theory only, and if our shop doesn't get slammed with other work as this is a side venture:
Plug Panel in Duratec Primer Surfacer Tuesday 3/23
Plug Panel Assembled in Jig Ready to be molded 3/29
Mold Panel 4/1
Pull plug, clean mold, start production.

These are ideals, like I said, give me 30 days and we will see where we are.

Oh, and my opinion on the best look, well that would be carbon fiber, but I'm just screwing with you guys now, one thing at a time.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by lownslocamaro
Timeline, this is in theory only, and if our shop doesn't get slammed with other work as this is a side venture:
Plug Panel in Duratec Primer Surfacer Tuesday 3/23
Plug Panel Assembled in Jig Ready to be molded 3/29
Mold Panel 4/1
Pull plug, clean mold, start production.

These are ideals, like I said, give me 30 days and we will see where we are.

Oh, and my opinion on the best look, well that would be carbon fiber, but I'm just screwing with you guys now, one thing at a time.

im so gitty with excitement
Old 03-18-2004, 10:22 PM

oooo lookin good id be on the list id buy that mod before any other mod (cept rims rite now cuz stockers suxor)
Old 03-18-2004, 11:55 PM

I'll definatley buy one asap when you get them into production. I was actually thinking of doing something similar just for myself at our bodyshop but we're so booked we never get time to do anything on our own cars. But seriously, I don't think we have enough options as far as extensive apperance mods go, and I think this will be a very good substitute instead of going the horrible altezza route etc... I think our taillights do look a little too domestic. If you did get this into production I could possibly taking off really well. Anyway, best of luck, keep us informed and hopefully I might be cruising around this summer in style w/ people wondering what the hell is going on with the rear of my car? lol
Old 03-19-2004, 01:06 AM

I'm definately in line, you could be on to something good here .
Old 03-19-2004, 01:08 AM

as soon as I hear a price, i'll probably be in line too... Always looking for a way to make my camaro look different than the other ones around here.

What about the recessed "camaro" that IS one thing I like.... or maybe if it was lifted like the c4's
Old 03-19-2004, 06:44 AM

If the price isn't ridiculous, I want in on this.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by AxeGrinder30thZ
If the price isn't ridiculous, I want in on this.
Yes me too please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: c5 tail light panel