Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Black salad shooters, black tail panel on Quasar Blue w/ taillight tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Re: Black salad shooters, black tail panel on Quasar Blue w/ taillight tint

Originally Posted by Special_Z28
Looks good except the wheels, maybe you should have left the outer rim of the wheel & centercap silver? I think I saw someone a couple months ago post on painting salad shooters that way. Im in the process of trying to decide which way to go, so this helps out seeing as your car almost looks identical to mine! I'm thinking of going on the clear/white/chrome version instead of the dark/black, or maybe a combo I've been thinking of clear turnsignals/side markers but it would contrast my fog light/tail light blackouts (not to mention my DRLs I installed probably wouldn't show up to well either way). IMO nothing looks better than compeletly black top (meaning dark tint + black sail panel & mirrors) but if i went clear/white I believe the car would look better 1 color. Anyways enough about my car, yours looks good! Is the tail panel actually painted flat black? it looks kinda glossy. I've pondered on this too.
The tail panel is actually just off a stock black z28 I got from a junkyard in OH. I was going to go the official satin black like the old big blocks and berger, but w/ the top and mirrors, and lights all being a shiny black, I had to keep em the same. My cowl is also going gloss black, so the satin would've stuck out too much.

I am also in the process of changing my wheels again. I am keeping the black style, but am respraying the face of the wheel to a dark graphite, so the tires and wheels will match better. No matter how much shining I do, the wheels are just too dark vs the tires. I will post up some new pics when they get back on the car.

Did you go w/ the SLP intake for that hood, or go thru someone else for the filter/elbow? The car looks good thou!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:45 PM

Did you go w/ the SLP intake for that hood, or go thru someone else for the filter/elbow?
Actually im about to buy another intake, the one I have now is very old peice of junk, I donno the brand the guy I bought the car from knew nothing about it. I don't believe its SLP though. The top cover over the filter is missing, so it doesn't seal to well. Im thinking just doing a cold air setup, because after reading alot about it, the Ram Air system doesn't give you much more HP, actually reading on SLP the cold air makes about 15-20 more HP while the Ram Air only gives 15.

I actually thought along the same lines of you also, getting a black junked camaro tail panel to match the mirrors/top..my headlight area is painted gloss also so I thought it would match that better as well, but I also figured if I had the stock flat black headlight area, it would match the tail panel as well.
As for wheels I once thought Gunmetal ZR1s would look great on our cars too!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:26 PM

shine those tires and drop that sucker and it wont look too bad i dont think.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM

i say polish the lip on the rim-
Old 07-07-2006, 09:30 AM

Mmmm I definitely don't like the salad shooters being black. It looks like you're rolling on spare tires IMO.

I think the car would look a lot better with stock salad shooters.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 AM

I'm not feeling those rims. If you want the black look go with some bigger rims w/ a machined lip and a drop.