Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Anyone with experience body panel/hood alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 08:27 AM

Anyone with experience in body panel/hood alignment?

After 7 years the lines/gaps at the front of my car have become noticeably bigger. Specifically the front of the hood to the front fascia. Also the front corners of the hood sit much lower than the quarter panels. In other words the body panel alignment looks crappy.

Is it possible for me to adjust the front clip of the car so that it mates up with the hood better? I know there's some adjustment in the rubber stops for the hood but these wont fix my problem.

I can take some pictures this evening to show the problems, just wanted to start the thread now to see how many others have dealt with this problem.

Last edited by mobleman; 05-02-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:57 AM

yes it is possible, but almost impossible to describe where to adjust them.. just pop the hood and start looking closely at how things are attached.

You will see what you need to do.. good luck.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:06 AM

Cool Thanks for the response.

Let me get a little more specific, sounds like you might have done this before.

Can you adjust the front fascia ( the entire part) up, down forward and backward?

Don't need to know how, just knowing that it can be done would help immensly.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:55 AM

Lightbulb

Yes...you can. The front clip is just held on by like 4 screws and a couple brackets. Nothing major. What I did was have to widen (reshape) a few of the holes so that I could move it around better. Once it's where you want it...you just tighten everything down and it'll stay in place. I also like to put a little threadlock on there so they don't back out as easily. Don't use the permanent threadlock though. (that stuff might as well be superglue!)

You can pretty much adjust everything that way. Some holes are already elongated for adjustment, some aren't. You just have to fab up better holes-positions for things to fit in. And it doesn't tak much...let me tell you. A little alteration in one spot can make a HUGE difference on the other end of the piece you are working on.

-Mike
Old 05-02-2003, 12:45 PM

[i] A little alteration in one spot can make a HUGE difference on the other end of the piece you are working on.
[/B]
That's exactly what I'm hoping!

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll take some pics while I'm doing this for future reference.