Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

Electrical Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:13 PM

Electrical Wiring

I need MAJOR help from somebody who knows the wiring of a 97 LT1 Camaro well.

I have been having a problem for a while with my radio intermittently powering on and off. At first I thought it was a loose wire because it did it during accel/decel/over certain bumps.

But then it started getting weird. When I would turn my key to accessory (like to listen to the radio while getting gas or something) and leave the door open, the radio would start cutting off again. It would cut off and on or just stay off until the door was closed. So now I know it's something with the wiring between the door and the radio.

Then, the other day my radio cut off while I was rolling down the driver window. When the radio cut off, guess what else did! That's right. The windows will not go up or down when the radio cuts off like that. For clarification, they work fine if I turn the radio off manually.

AND NOW, my express down is not working. The window will go down, but will not go down automatically like it used to. The radio also does not shut off AS much as it did before the Express down died, but it will still do it sometimes. It seems like it's getting a spike from somewhere or something.

Does anybody with schematics knowledge know what could be causing this? Thanks.