2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

Rule The Streets! Magna Charger ZLs Supercharger System for 2010 Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM

Not to steal the thunder from the supercharger. But didn't late model racecraft get 500RWHP from just a Cam, full exhaust, cold air and tune. Is more boost available with some safety still built in?

I guess I was just looking for more from an engine this size with a superchager. For the price of these units a camaro 2SS is now pushing $42k without changing anything else and you just voided your powertrain coverage.

I want a Camaro as bad as the next guy, but without a factory offered car with the LSA that has all the power and powertrain coverage for 5 years. The Mustang GT 500 looks to be a better choice for the money. Local dealer has left over 2009's for $42 out the door. If you are not biased and like both cars the same that is.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
how long/short an easy/hard of an install is this for , lets say , a guy who isnt very mechanically inclined...... its my friend..... not me.... he's shy. thats why im asking.
They will take the average person about 10 hours to do the first kit.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 AM

Any idea if this will be legal in california/ you know how strict they are out here with upgrades it sucks!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM

10 hrs isnt too bad. i have some mechanically inclined friends and all i need to pay them is a case of beer and a bottle of JD.

it looks good with the covers on the side. i would have to go with that.

how hard is it to tune the supercharger after installed? what about other components on the car like headers ,catback and intake? how will that affect the tunning?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Threads merged! I am really thinking about getting one of these...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by 81Z28355
Not to steal the thunder from the supercharger. But didn't late model racecraft get 500RWHP from just a Cam, full exhaust, cold air and tune. Is more boost available with some safety still built in?

I guess I was just looking for more from an engine this size with a superchager. For the price of these units a camaro 2SS is now pushing $42k without changing anything else and you just voided your powertrain coverage.

I want a Camaro as bad as the next guy, but without a factory offered car with the LSA that has all the power and powertrain coverage for 5 years. The Mustang GT 500 looks to be a better choice for the money. Local dealer has left over 2009's for $42 out the door. If you are not biased and like both cars the same that is.
If you are after massive power and pure straightline acceleration, then you really have to get the GT500. Like any other car, they have their downfalls, but when it comes to power and acceleration they are hard to beat. Sure, the Vette matches them from the factory, but those GT500's will take one HELL of a beating and keep on ticking. I have never seen another car that can run high 10's to low 11's so easily, repeatedly, safely, and cheaply.

The Camaro is a completely different animal. More refined I would say. It just doesn't feel the same. I have no doubt a 500rwhp Maggie Camaro would be a Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hide type of ride! Would definitely be awesome, just in a different way.

Last edited by ZZtop; 06-25-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Threads merged! I am really thinking about getting one of these...
i really want to get one too. is there any price differences between Magnuson and Magna charger? there 2 different companies selling the same unit right?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor

i really want to get one too. is there any price differences between Magnuson and Magna charger? there 2 different companies selling the same unit right?
Magnuson and Magnacharger are the same company. They sell them for $7450.00 but you can purchase them from us for only $6450.00.

http://www.hotpart.com/shop/index.ph...t_detail&p=109

Originally Posted by BOSSUPSGENERAL
Any idea if this will be legal in california/ you know how strict they are out here with upgrades it sucks!!
ARB has been applied for so hopefully it will be CA legal soon.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM

and the standard finish is the matte black look?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor

and the standard finish is the matte black look?
Yes
Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by hotpart
magnuson and magnacharger are the same company. They sell them for $7450.00 but you can purchase them from us for only $6450.00.

http://www.hotpart.com/shop/index.ph...t_detail&p=109

arb has been applied for so hopefully it will be ca legal soon.
thanks my dude appreciate the infor but what is arb?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:30 AM

Another question i have is do you think these magnusen chargers will have anything on those prochargers when they finally make one for the new camaros? Because everything ive read on them the prochargers are suppose to be a way better power upgrade!!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by BOSSUPSGENERAL
Another question i have is do you think these magnusen chargers will have anything on those prochargers when they finally make one for the new camaros? Because everything ive read on them the prochargers are suppose to be a way better power upgrade!!
The beauty of the Magnachargers is that they have proven power and RELIABILITY on LSX engines.

As for the Prochargers, or any other system, you can only make as much power as the given LSX engine can handle. Typically the week spots are the rods and/or pistons.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if System A makes 500rwhp, System B makes 600rwhp, and System C makes 700rwhp if the engine can only safely handle 500rwhp. System A is all you need unless you are going to rebuild the engine.

Not sure what the boosted limit on the LS3 is, but I bet SAFE limits are up around 500rwhp.......
Old 06-28-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by 81Z28355

Every human has a bias. Yours is for value and prudence. Nothing wrong with that but just because you like both cars does not make you a person without a bias. The only issue I have with the 09 GT500 is the horrific F150 interior it comes with.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
Every human has a bias. Yours is for value and prudence. Nothing wrong with that but just because you like both cars does not make you a person without a bias. The only issue I have with the 09 GT500 is the horrific F150 interior it comes with.

Maybe I should have said brand loyal?

This will be a huge purchase for me, so I want to buy the best car that will perform the best and still maintain drivability of a stock car. I have a Camaro with an off road exhaust and a huge cam and 4:11 gears ect. The car drives poorly. Oh yes its fast but my wife hates to ride in it. So for me I was hoping for a Z/28 500+ hp, and 11 second ¼ miles. It looks like the SS is capable of that with a supercharger and some work, but how long will the engine last, and how will it drive? I have no problems with modding a car and making it your own but I guess your right I am price biased and would rather have a car with the performance that I want from the factory with a warranty.

Quick Reply: Rule The Streets! Magna Charger ZLs Supercharger System for 2010 Camaro!