2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Word about pictures past/present/future....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
No one seems to have told Jessica Simpson.
WHAT THE?...... er....maybe you like OJ Simpson better?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Let's use an analogy.

This is the Preproduction Eva Longoria

This is the Production Eva Longoria

Eva Longoria may not be to everyone's taste, like the Camaro interior, but in this case it's clear that the same basic design can be improved with a little time and better materials

Thanks for the good chuckle.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
WHAT THE?...... er....maybe you like OJ Simpson better?
Um, no, but Jessica Simpson unquestionably has buck teeth and zits. Doesn't mean she can't look good, but these are her teeth:

and she's not the spokesperson for Proactiv Solution acne treatment because she has perfect skin
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Um, no, but Jessica Simpson unquestionably has buck teeth and zits. Doesn't mean she can't look good, but these are her teeth:

and she's not the spokesperson for Proactiv Solution acne treatment because she has perfect skin
okay, my bad, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that she is NOT hot. D'OH! But by golly, she's not exactly "smokin" in that picture is she?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
As I said -- wait 'til it gets out.

The Holden interior you show is attractive - but -- if I were to remove the Holden signatures -- I think you'd have a hard time telling us what it came from -- because it's very much like a lot of cars on the market today.
Exactly.

Id rather have the love it-or hate it Camaro interior than the 'typical' interiors everyone has now.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
Thank you, Scott, for the update.

Seems like some kids are getting their undaroos in a bunch over a "streetfighter" Camaro mule. I have no doubt that fit and finish, along with a few changes will come in the production model. I've driven a couple of test cars (not Camaros, I wish), and they truly are fit for Mad Maxx movies. They're screwed together, see a lot of hard miles, and have a lot of improvisations.

That said, the Camaro is an old friend to all of us. Not everyone liked the rectangular steering wheel in the 3rd Gens. There are still spaceship jokes floating around regarding the 93-96 Camaro interior. We accept those things as "quirks" and learned to love them anyway. And with all old friends that return, there are inevitable changes--sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. Who are we to throw out the whole friendship over minor details?
Agreed, indeed!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
Focus groups told GM that the Aztec was great too.

We of course won't know the sucess or failure of the interior until well into the production run. It would be very interesting to see what the feeback was from those outside the company.
OK....so what are you saying here?

SHOULD we talk to our customers or shouldn't we?

Can't have it both ways.

We (meaning the team) spent a LOT of time talking to our customers on this car in various ways -- and frankly, THAT'S that I've been doing on this site for a dozen years.

By the way -- as much as some are upset with this interior, I'm here to tell you that this is a 'home run' (based on the comments) versus the 2nd gen cars when they came out......same for 4th gen.

Last edited by Fbodfather; 01-04-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
OK....so what are you saying here?

SHOULD we talk to our customers or shouldn't we?

Can't have it both ways.

We (meaning the team) spent a LOT of time talking to our customers on this car in various ways -- and frankly, THAT'S that I've been doing on this site for a dozen years.

By the way -- as much as some are upset with this interior, I'm here to tell you that this is a 'home run' (based on the comments) versus the 2nd gen cars when they came out......same for 4th gen.
Don't let "us" give the car Homer syndrome.

There was an episode of The Simpsons where Homer was given free rein to design a car in the his brother's car company. When he did he added everything he wanted, this is what resulted.

This is a moot point though because the car is pretty much done.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Don't let "us" give the car Homer syndrome.

There was an episode of The Simpsons where Homer was given free rein to design a car in the his brother's car company. When he did he added everything he wanted, this is what resulted...
Indeed!

There's one thing I do want in my new Camaro though. I loved it when Homer said... "When I start up my car, I want my neighbors to think the world is coming to an end!"

Old 01-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Cool

I actually liked that interior precisely because it is different from everything else. My '86 camaro, my '99 Explorer, and my '03 Suburban all have the same basic gage cluster. I like that this one is different and is a love it / hate it propisition.
My wife thinks that it looks 'cheap', even after she knew of the preproduction status. She'll need to see the finished product before a real feel can be done.

Last edited by POS Camaro; 01-04-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: oops
Old 01-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by christianjax

I guess I'm one of the few that really doesn't mind where the interior design is heading. I look at it and see where "I" can personalize it with body color. I think that would really spiff it up. But other than that, I really don't have anything negative to say about the basic design we see here.
Some suggestions:
Driver selectible color illumination for the gauges, (like on the Mustang)
Body color on trim pieces on the dash and door panals
Navigation option.
I believe that I am one of the 'silent majority' who visit the site often to get the latest and greatest updates (thanks to Scott & Co as well as the unofficial gm insiders). However, I rarely take the time to post. As someone who plans to spend a lot of time commuting downtown in my 2010 Camaro, I was concerned about how the interior would turn out. We all knew the concept's stereo and HVAC controls would be re-worked. It is quite obvious that the stereo/nav in the spy shots are a work-in-progress.

Overall, I am thrilled! Great job guys! I looks great even as a work in process!
-I love the steering wheel (which will look great with the brushed aluminum accents).
-It appears that the color option on the door panels will blend nicely through the top of the dashboard similar to the concept. A
-Also, I have to give the Camaro team props for the overhead console looks great and is an awesome/necessary addition due to the placement of the gauges in front of the shifter.

Now I'm just looking forward to seeing the base (z/28, SS, or whatever) associated with the label "ls3"!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:34 PM

The camaro is looking great.

I think sometimes people just don't get it. Its easy to see why any car manufacturer would be upset with a spy shot posted all over the net.

Its kind of like if you were planning a surprise party for your parents. Months were spent planning with the entire family. Hundreds of details covered with many hours of different family members and friends helping to get it together. The day arrives to set up. Everyone involved works to make the party happen. Just when things are almost finished your idiot cousin brings your parents in through the side door and they see an almost set up party and that ruins the BIG surprise.

If ya can't understand that then there is just no hope for ya.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by StreamlineZ28
someone's living in the 90's

no -- someone's approaching his 90s -- in age!!!!

Remember -- I've been around for a longgggggggggggggggggg time!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

a tnought about the console gages --

They ARE polarizing........

You either love 'em or hate 'em.

We got TONS of mail (email and snailmail and in-person comments) that we should keep 'em.

That said -- it's important to keep your eyes on the road.

So......think "redundancy"................................
Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 AM

I have to admit, I like the console gauges lol. The dash gauges, shifter, and center dash though, um, yeah.

Quick Reply: A Word about pictures past/present/future....