2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Word about pictures past/present/future....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Why are some so offended by others who don't gush over the car as they do? Who cares? You don't see me posting about how crazy you are for liking the interior.

As far as the quality of the interior is concerned: I have a 90' Formula and like the interior for what it is and the same goes for my '95 Z28, but I expect a lot more from a new car. Maybe it is because I have dealt with a less than perfect interior (more quality issues than design) for so long, that I have a craving for more. Yes, it is a retro-themed car but old interiors were and are terrible. Interior design at the time was an absolute after thought, and it showed. If the Camaro doesn't offer a class leading interior, the competition will, and hopefully it won't be Haundai.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pentatonic
Let the records show, that I like the interior.

And since when did pony car enthusiasts give that much of a sh*t about interiors? As long as the seat is comfortable and the sound system good, I don't give a rat's *** what the interior looks like. As long as the exterior styling and engine are badass (which it looks like they are on the Camaro), I'll like the car.

And besides, the car is a retro-themed car, what did people expect? A curvy space-age styled interior? C'mon, that wouldn't go...

Some of you people sound like f*cking soccer moms.

"Oh me oh my! Where are the fancy dancy cup-holders for my starbucks coffee? And look at all the plastic! Oh so cheap! "

Send the interior for a damn "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" makeover if you want some post-modern art era mocha-sipping BMW yuppie-*** interior.
Yep! This is about where I'm at too.

And FbodFather - thanks for your persistent interest, support, and dedication to the Camaro and its fans
Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Yep! This is about where I'm at too.
I'm surprised more people don't share our opinion. I mean, seriously, what the hell?

People are freaking out like the Camaro interior is the final revalation before the birth of Satan's son.

Damn, calm down people...is it seriously that bad?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Let the records show, that I like the interior.

And since when did pony car enthusiasts give that much of a sh*t about interiors? As long as the seat is comfortable and the sound system good, I don't give a rat's *** what the interior looks like. As long as the exterior styling and engine are badass (which it looks like they are on the Camaro), I'll like the car.

And besides, the car is a retro-themed car, what did people expect? A curvy space-age styled interior? C'mon, that wouldn't go...

Some of you people sound like f*cking soccer moms.

"Oh me oh my! Where are the fancy dancy cup-holders for my starbucks coffee? And look at all the plastic! Oh so cheap! "

Send the interior for a damn "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" makeover if you want some post-modern art era mocha-sipping BMW yuppie-*** interior.
I think you should reread FBodFather's post and discuss the car not opions or people.
And I couldn't disagree with you more...a lot of these issues affect how competitive the Camaro will be in the market, so yes, they ARE important.
I know it's not finished, but some of it isn't likely to change either.
I'm glad you like the interior, I don't, and I've been an enthisiest for over 20 years, and will lay down around $30 K for a Camaro/Z28. It's a lot of money to me and I guess I expect at least a GTO level interior.
In the end, it might depend on what part of the map you live on as to what you expect, that's ok, just remember your opinions are your opinions.

Last edited by 90rocz; 01-03-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Damn, calm down people...is it seriously that bad?
Seriously - yes it is that bad. All I can hope for is that it's nowhere near how the final production interior will look and it's just a cheap mockup.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM

Great post Scott! I agree if any criticism is made towards this project it should be constructive.

That said, I'm so proud of everyone at GM who made the 5th Gen dream a reality.

My 2 cents:
With the recent pictures of the interior I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the stylistic direction. I was never a fan of the concepts interior, even when I saw it in person. I guess I wanted something with a more "Corvette feel".

By all means this wont effect my decision to purchase the car and of course I'll reserve final judgment for the actual production model.

Is a HUD still on the table? The GTP is getting old.

The exterior is beyond beautiful. Most of the time for me a car loses its edge going from the concept to production model. SO far the Camaro just keeps getting sexier IMO. I do want to stress my want for a green or orange paint options.

Keep up the good work team Camaro!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
Why are some so offended by others who don't gush over the car as they do? Who cares? You don't see me posting about how crazy you are for liking the interior.

As far as the quality of the interior is concerned: I have a 90' Formula and like the interior for what it is and the same goes for my '95 Z28, but I expect a lot more from a new car. Maybe it is because I have dealt with a less than perfect interior (more quality issues than design) for so long, that I have a craving for more. Yes, it is a retro-themed car but old interiors were and are terrible. Interior design at the time was an absolute after thought, and it showed. If the Camaro doesn't offer a class leading interior, the competition will, and hopefully it won't be Haundai.
I don't think that it's necessary to 'gush' over the pictures that were shown.

The point is that once again, unauthorized photos get put up on a site -- and people lose their minds, so to speak......and all hell breaks loose.

Please -- I'm begging you -- go back and read my post. What you see in those pictures are cobbled together interiors.

Even if they were production interiors -- I'd still ask you to go down to your local Chevy Dealer and look at one and drive one -- before making a final decision.

You can be assured that EVERYONE on the Camaro team is sweating the details. No -- not everyone will love everything about the car -- but it bothers me when someone posts ".......well -- I WAS waiting for this car -- but after seeing the pictures -- I'm going out tomorrow to buy a (insert brand here)...!"

Just have some faith, OK?

And to a certain Mustang drag racer -- you are rarely P.C. -- you seem to have a problem with people liking the Camaro -- and further, your 'winkie envy' is once again showing..............
Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 PM

But we are seeing a general theme of that interior and it is absolute trash.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 PM

I really wish you guys were aiming to get away from that particular interior design...

I wasn't a fan of the concept interior, and the while I know the current interior in the pic is just a bunch of crap thrown together for a mule, it still hints to the design theme of the production model being similar to the concept....

I was really hoping for a C6ish/Holden interior (see below), and now it seems it's not going to happen.

http://zeusville.files.wordpress.com...3-interior.jpg

Last edited by Schismblade; 01-03-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
But we are seeing a general theme of that interior and it is absolute trash.
Have you driven it yet?

Have you seen it in person yet?

My point is that perhaps you need to hold off on final judgement.

(you don't want to know the number of times people on this site have bashed stuff -- only to remain mysteriously silent once the truth or production model gets out.......)

I say this because we had files out the wazoo from people in 1970 telling us that we effectively KILLED the Camaro and Firebird......we'd done the unthinkable and made one ugly car -- both inside and outside.........

..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........and that was the highest number of Camaros and Firebirds built in terms of generation.......and we certainly can't say it was due to straight line performance for most of those years!

Patience, my friend -- patience...........
Old 01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Schismblade
I really wish you guys were aiming to get away from that particular interior design...

I wasn't a fan of the concept interior, and the while I know the current interior in the pic is just a bunch of crap thrown together for a mule, it still hints to the design theme of the production model being similar to the concept....

I was really hoping for a C6ish/Holden interior (see below), and now it seems it's not going to happen.

http://zeusville.files.wordpress.com...3-interior.jpg

As I said -- wait 'til it gets out.

The Holden interior you show is attractive - but -- if I were to remove the Holden signatures -- I think you'd have a hard time telling us what it came from -- because it's very much like a lot of cars on the market today.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 AM

looks good to me. the same people bitching and complaining about this car will be the same ones buying it when its released.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:41 AM

I can't promise I'll buy the car when it comes out, but I can promise that I will wait for the production version to arrive at the showrooms before I make my decision about it. And even if I don't like the first time I see it I'm still going to wait a bit and see what happens. Case in point is the C6 Corvette. I don't like the looks of the base model, but I think the Z06 looks great and the ZR1 has absolutely blown my mind. So even if I don't like the base model of the new Camaro, what I'm am really excited about (and the version of the car I always had in mind in getting), is the Shelby GT500 killer that I know is in the works.

So, any chance you could give us a little hint as to what we may expect in a GT500 killer?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:41 AM

I'll wait to pass a final judgement until I see one in person, but right now my problem is where the style is headed. I really don't like the style of the dash from the right of the steering wheel to the passenger door. I like a center console that flows into the dash with a slight tilt towards the driver to give it a cockpit feel like my SS or my 00 Vette.

Looking past the exposed screws and bezels held on by tape, if the interior is as close to the concept as the exterior is then I think I'll be buying another Vette (I know you didn't want to hear that, but hey, at least it's a GM car )

B
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 AM

You could probably compare the first spy shots to your first prom date without her make up. I think that I would rather wait and see what what the final result is before I decide if I take her to the big dance.

Quick Reply: A Word about pictures past/present/future....