2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Why the ripped off retro look...Where do you go down the road? 70's again

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by wrd1972
... I am very anxious to see how Ford handles the first refresh of the Mustang down the road...
What do you think of the potential Italian redesign?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39
No, it was not my intention to suggest that.

To understand my response, it is probably crucial to understand that I do not feel that the Camaro concept is retro.

My message was intended for the original poster who fears there is no way to progress from the concept. I was saying look at the possible Italian styling of the next Stang redesign -- it was based off of their current retro model, and they were able to move forward without going down the same path as before and improved on their current model (IMO)....

Because of this, I feel that the next Camaro redesign surely wouldn't go down the same path as before, especially because the concept itself isn't retro. (I didn't have any worries before...but just wanted to share my thoughts with those that do worry)

Once again, this was intended for the initial poster, who feared there is no way to move forward since in his opinion the concept is retro -- but Ford IMO DID move forward on the Mustang redesign, so we should have no worries at all.

I don't know how to try to explain myself any clearer - maybe someone else can say it better. Sorry for the confusion.
If I understand correctly youre saying that if retro were really a pigeonhole with nowhere to go from a design standpoint the Mustang Guiraudo would not be possible. Im glad they built that thing because it reenforces that Retro is not a pigeon hole. Till now the only example Ive had is if Camaro had been retro 69 the next redesign could have been the concept and not a 70's style car. I also hope that the Dodge boys dont bring Challenger back on a limited basis because they feel they have nowhere to go with design. Especially when BOTH of their muscle car competitors solved the problem with the Camaro Concept and the Mustang Guirado Concept. A problem I never saw as a problem to begin with.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:31 PM

What do you think of the potential Italian redesign?
I know you weren't asking me, but I just thought I'd say, I like the looks of it pretty good, if this really is it..

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/is-thi...o-concept.html
Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
If I understand correctly youre saying that if retro were really a pigeonhole with nowhere to go from a design standpoint the Mustang Guiraudo would not be possible. Im glad they built that thing because it reenforces that Retro is not a pigeon hole. Till now the only example Ive had is if Camaro had been retro 69 the next redesign could have been the concept and not a 70's style car. I also hope that the Dodge boys dont bring Challenger back on a limited basis because they feel they have nowhere to go with design. Especially when BOTH of their muscle car competitors solved the problem with the Camaro Concept and the Mustang Guirado Concept. A problem I never saw as a problem to begin with.
I think we're close to being on the same wavelength... your last sentence - in case that was referring to yourself, I never said you saw it as a problem - and I never saw it as a problem as well, the original poster I believe was worried and didn't think there could be progression after Camaro concept.

I don't know how to explain myself further without being repetitive - sorry I'm so unclear in my posts!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:04 PM

I think we're close to being on the same wavelength... your last sentence - in case that was referring to yourself, I never said you saw it as a problem - and I never saw it as a problem as well, the original poster I believe was worried and didn't think there could be progression after Camaro concept.

I don't know how to explain myself further without being repetitive - sorry I'm so unclear in my posts!
not unclear at all. I was refering to myself in the last sentence.