2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Why is the back of the pre-production different from concept? Looks like stang now

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Can we get an icon w/ a blindfold on that holds up a sign saying, "Must Love Camaro!"? Listen, the best ... BEST ... part about this site is all the inside information that is available. Whether I like all the details about this car or not, I still want to know the ins and outs of them. Why? 1) It's fun 2) It holds me over until I can see the real deal

Frankly, if we are only of the attitude, "wait & see, or shaddup otherwise", then why bother even coming to this site?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:08 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

it was a bad picture -- trust me -- the production car is STARTLINGLY like the concept.................

Please wait to see the production car before rendering a decision!

(this is the problem we have when we allow the car out without cammo.)
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 AM

Nah, the problem is the brain of anyone who looks at the pre-pros and thinks of a damned mustang...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:15 AM

Notice he said "production car" not catch one of the pre production cars out sometime and look..... so... maybe it will be ready earlier than expected.... maybe not though....

either way, The prepro is close enough for me so far looks-wise, I'll modify myself if I have to for a more "concept look". just please let me get a decent price on the v8.... I'll stop there we already have plenty of price threads.

Last edited by 95camaroinok; 03-20-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 AM

The car is expected sometime in Q1 2009 and September will be just days before the start of Q4 2008 so expect it to be about all it will be at that time.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
it was a bad picture -- trust me -- the production car is STARTLINGLY like the concept.................

Camo is not much help either as then they complained the car just did not look like the concept at all. As if the Camaro was expected to enhance the looks???

Scott there are just too many people that just don't understand they need to wait and see this car in person. It is a battle your just not going to win till the car is in the dealers.

They are just more canadates that can subscribe to the Eat Crow thread later.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:40 PM

After re-reading this thread, I probably should have just let this one lie. It's hard to get anything constructive out of a thread that begins w/ "the camaro looks like a mustang." I'd love to know why some of the rear changes were made b/c, to me, the front looks like a carbon copy (minus the lights and spoiler, duh). The exterior of this car is stunning and IMHO it will be the best looking car south of 40 grand (personally, I'd go higher but I don't want to offend the vette crowd).
Old 03-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by missmy79
After re-reading this thread, I probably should have just let this one lie. It's hard to get anything constructive out of a thread that begins w/ "the camaro looks like a mustang." I'd love to know why some of the rear changes were made b/c, to me, the front looks like a carbon copy (minus the lights and spoiler, duh). The exterior of this car is stunning and IMHO it will be the best looking car south of 40 grand (personally, I'd go higher but I don't want to offend the vette crowd).

i didn't mean that it looks exactly like the mustang...i was talking in terms of build quality and the change in some of the angles...

however after looking at more recent photos its really really close

and now that fbodfather has stated that the production car is really close i've since calmed my worries and look very much forward to the release of the car...
Old 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM

The pre-production cars sure seem to have changed a bit in body shape, you mean to say even that isn't set yet?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 PM

it doesnt look like a musang really, but it LOOKS CHUNKY like a Mustang (05+). It definately looks fatter/clunkier than the concept.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
it doesnt look like a musang really, but it LOOKS CHUNKY like a Mustang (05+). It definately looks fatter/clunkier than the concept.
thats all i was trying to say...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:59 AM

that has a lot to do with the angle of the picture, and the zoom of the lense...

see this thread for examples of how this can happen..

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=588320

he used computer renderings to show what happens when you move the camera away while zooming in so that it's basically the same size.. but the proportions get all screwed up
Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 PM

I don't see what you guys are talking about at all....... anyone who thinks the rear end looks like a Mushthing should have their heads examined.

The only difference I see between the concept and the pre-pros is the design mods needed to meet federal safety regulations (higher, more pronounced bumper, smoother edges - but not very much so).

Were it not the fact we all (well, at least me) want to have a good chance at surviving a serious accident, I'm certain the Camaro would have made it to production at 95% or better of the concept.

Jeeze. People make it sound like it's all GM's fault the bumper was moved up 2 inches. I'm not one for the feds meandering into our lives either, but if it weren't for them we'd still be facing exposed steel dashboards with no seatbelts. Think about that one

Last edited by fastball; 03-21-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by chevydude26
"reminds me of a mustang"

in terms of build and quality....
So you know the quality of a car from some photos. Wow!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Hopefully that means the taillights will be as well! Time to get the final pics out there Scott. I don't remember Ford doing this with the latest Mustang or Chrysler doing this with the Challenger.

Quick Reply: Why is the back of the pre-production different from concept? Looks like stang now