2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Why is the back of the pre-production different from concept? Looks like stang now

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 AM

Sure most of it is tolerable ... I just want to know WHY they have the extra bump at the bottom. Is there a functional reason (Safety, etc.) or is it supposed to be cosmetic?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by missmy79
Sure most of it is tolerable ... I just want to know WHY they have the extra bump at the bottom. Is there a functional reason (Safety, etc.) or is it supposed to be cosmetic?
It's there for you to have something to complain about.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Liquid Slap
It's there for you to have something to complain about.
No, that's what the headlights are for!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by chevydude26
thanks ...it looks like stuff that can be fixed with mods...

Or maybe it will be fixed in the production version. Do you really think this car will only be available from the factory without a spoiler?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Girl

yeah...look just like a Mustang....
Old 03-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by chevydude26
It's lost a bit of its toughness...now it looks like a bloated mustang in the videos...and where did the spoiler go???

are there going to be aftermarket mods and lights to make it look like the concept???

I love this car ...but man it looks kind of cheap...

its missing that wide stance
If you think the Camaro looks like a bloted Mustang, kill yourself.....NOW!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM

no need to have hostility towards me...

i'm just saying in the pre-production form it lost its god d*mn factor

now it looks like...by regular buyers "reminds me of a mustang"

in terms of build and quality....

but i knew something was up when i saw the concept in person just totally destroy the corvette in terms of build quality and complete awesomeness...

no way a 30,000 dollar car would come out like that and just crap all over the vette
Old 03-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by missmy79
The only thing i can think of it to add some rigidity to the back bumper? Otherwise i have the same question...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Ok you have a fiberglass show car built on chopped up CTS to be the 100% copy on the Zeta platform. It only has to be able to drive and live in the real world and meet DOT regs, Hmmmm Santa is not real either.

If you not happy with the car now please wait till they are done as a cake with out it's frosting kind of sucks too. I am sure your spoiler will reapear along with the correct headlights and other missing trim on the mules.

If your disapointed in the production car at that point you need to reasses your expectations as in years post you would have never gotten a car this close to the show car.

As a long time prototype car fan GM has gone well above the call of duty here on a car that is very important. They have to make this car get better mileage while giving you perfgromance never seen before in a Camaro. It also has to appeal to Women more now than ever for the important 55% of the new car buyers market they hold.

Keeping the car drivable and looking like the show car on a platform that was finished was a great task. They will end up with a smaller more managable lighter car than if they kept it as big as the original.

Right now you stand to have a car 400-300 pounds under what it would be if held to the original size.

The only thing Mustang here is the size of the Camaro as it is very close.

But please cut the guys a break and let them finish this car.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Ok you have a fiberglass show car built on chopped up CTS to be the 100% copy on the Zeta platform. It only has to be able to drive and live in the real world and meet DOT regs, Hmmmm Santa is not real either.

If you not happy with the car now please wait till they are done as a cake with out it's frosting kind of sucks too. I am sure your spoiler will reapear along with the correct headlights and other missing trim on the mules.

If your disapointed in the production car at that point you need to reasses your expectations as in years post you would have never gotten a car this close to the show car.

As a long time prototype car fan GM has gone well above the call of duty here on a car that is very important. They have to make this car get better mileage while giving you perfgromance never seen before in a Camaro. It also has to appeal to Women more now than ever for the important 55% of the new car buyers market they hold.

Keeping the car drivable and looking like the show car on a platform that was finished was a great task. They will end up with a smaller more managable lighter car than if they kept it as big as the original.

Right now you stand to have a car 400-300 pounds under what it would be if held to the original size.

The only thing Mustang here is the size of the Camaro as it is very close.

But please cut the guys a break and let them finish this car.
The parts commented on mostly ARE the finished parts. Unless they plan some major body changes...
Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM

just like a mustang. sure.....

This is what a person or two has said to me that not only don't know much about cars, but don't care a lot for them, either. They never liked Camaros much, period. But to me their comment was just based on ignorance, not because they're stupid, just uninformed.

Just like a lot of other people, I've not only studied all the pictures of the Camaro that I can find, but have also studied pictures and in real life the forms of other cars, as well. I've seen a pic of a 5th gen pre-production up against a Mustang, and the Mustang is the one that appears bloated.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 PM

^Umm.....I suffer from PMS on occasion, not my Mustang.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Girl
^Umm.....I suffer from PMS on occasion, not my Mustang.
I actually laughed pretty loud at that
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by DvBoard
The parts commented on mostly ARE the finished parts. Unless they plan some major body changes...
Some of the parts commented on are finished parts but some are not.

I know thinks like the back up lights and some small details will not change but spoilers and such are going to change with time.

Such petty complaints over such a well done car.

Chevy could have taken the easy cheaper way out but they didn't. You should be glad for what you did get.

You could have just gotten a tarted up Cobalt with some Z/28 badges and spun your front wheels as far as you like.

Just ask any Dodge fans what happened to their Demon. The next FWD Sports car from China. The show car was RWD.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Chevy could have taken the easy cheaper way out but they didn't. You should be glad for what you did get.
A lot of people aren't just going to drink the Kool-Aid and think because the Camaro is coming back they should not complain about something they don't like.

Some complaints/gripes will unfortunately be deal breakers for them.

Quick Reply: Why is the back of the pre-production different from concept? Looks like stang now